10.03.2011

Week 71

Helllooooo. This week has been good, I copied my presidents letter on here, not too much to report really, we are finding a lot in as many ways as humanly possible. It was a spiritual explosion with conference and a special sisters conference that we had. Super randomly after lunch President Becerra said he had a surprise for us and David Archeleta walked in and sang the hymn 'Be still my soul' then bore his testimony then left! haha randommm. President Becerra has so many weird connections- he is so cool. There are about 25 sisters in the mission, the elders were all mad that they dont get celebrities at their trainings haha. Sisters are the obvious favorites haha.
Sooo on Monday we played soccer, first in Chino then in El Monte so we racked up some miles cuz the directions we got had us lost for a good hour haha opps- we took a little tour of the mission! Wednesday was the sisters conference then Friday was my favorite because they had a stake activity at the covina stake center and I got to see so many of my hooomies. I told them all to come to my farewell this next Sunday (they do it for all departing groups of missionaries) I guess its like a testimony meeting then everyone comes and says bye to you after and takes pictures... apparently theres no food so it cant be too awesome but it'll be nice to say bye to ppl! So thatll be sunday at 6:30 in arcadia. Then of course General conference was a highlight, loveeeddd it. All my favorite missionaries were there in the same room as me so we had a good time. Eating fun dip and cookies and getting spiritually smaked in the face! Loved it.
So next week I heard that I get to call home on Monday (I guess some parents forget to pick up their missionaries haha). I only have dads cell number and the home number so just be aware that Ill be calling probably at some point. I am pretty sure that next week I dont get to email but Im not 100% sure. The whole day I will be with the Becerras and the other missionaries that are leaving (not sure how many of us there are, I will guess around 10). So I report to the office Monday at 9am then its a day full of who knows what (word on the street is- paper work, lunch and dinner with president, exiting interview and marriage prep pump up talk- yikes!). Then Tuesday we roll out to the airport in the AM and Ill wait around for my flight at 11 then I get home at 8:30. Prepare yourselves! haha. Ahh- life is about to come at me super fast I can feel it! Too many changes at once! haha. Itll be fine though... right!? haha. Ok I best be offff, today we are having a big get together and it should be fun cuz lots of ppl are gunna come- I have a bunch of stuff to give to ppl- so my legacy will live onnn! haha. Hugs and kisssses. Laura.

President, Hello! This has been a great week! In both our area and in life in general! Conference was obviously a huge highlight, my favorite talk was by Elder Tadd R. Callister because that blew our investigators minds! haha, I loved the way he so clearly explained the purpose of the Book of Mormon, it testifies of itself- it truly is a book from God and no other source. Also the sisters conference was a highlight, my companion and I both came out of there feeling excited to get to work. The following day we had one of our most successful days together, we were able to find some really awesome new people and felt good about dedicating time to finding and being able to have some awesome contacts and testify of the truths we hold so dear to our hearts. I love knocking and street contacting, I know the importance of working with members etc but at the end of the day I feel so satisfied if I got to talk to as many people as possible. We feel that the area is pretty much on its feet, we have been able to consistently find new people to teach, the retention is now the issue but we will keep working to make this as frutiful as possible. Its been so fun to whitewash, thank you for that privilege, I have been too busy to really think about anything else and that has been a blessing. Sister Taylor continues to progress, still not feeling overly confident with Spanish but is pushing herself and always looking for ways to help and contribute. I am anxious to see what will happen with the Spanish sisters at transfers! Thanks for all that you do, Hermana Christian. P.S. I am about to email my family about David Archeleta's random appearance at our sisters conference and Im pretty sure my 16 year old sister will be jealous! Thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment