9.27.2011

Stewardship Report

Hermana Laura Christian
California Arcadia Mission
May 2010-October 2011
Stewardship Report

Various experiences throughout my life led to my discovery that God exists, that Christ is my Savior, and that this is their church. That knowledge has been solidified over the course of my missionary service and is now deeply embedded in my heart and fully encompasses who I am. It has been a time of learning and internalizing truths that I’ve been taught since childhood. It has also been a time in which I have come to better know my Father in heaven, and my Savior, Jesus Christ.
Throughout the ups and downs that this experience has presented I have come to recognize and appreciate divine help. My Heavenly Father has listened, comforted, and sustained me; He knows me and I know Him. My Savior, Jesus Christ, truly did come to this earth to pay the price for me, and all of God’s children. His Atonement has become real to me as I have watched its enabling power change my life and the lives of those around me. It is only through reliance and trust in Christ’s vicarious act that I can be found worthy at the last day.
There are no coincidences with God. While on His errand we were frequently placed exactly where he needed us. One of such times led to the finding, teaching, and baptizing of Alexi Cuevas. While heading to our car at the end of the night we stopped to talk to her husband, Oscar. He soon told us that he has been baptized four years prior in Guatemala but has not attended for a few years. Upon later meeting Alexi she was surprised to find out that her husband was a Mormon! Throughout the conversion and reactivation of this young couple the spirit was poured out on all those involved. Alexi was baptized in December of 2010. She and her husband are currently taking the temple preparation classes and plan to be sealed to each other and to their new born baby by the end of this year. This miracle, along with many others that I have witnessed, have added to my personal conviction and appreciation for the gospel.
I took the leap of faith to come on a mission because I received a strong spiritual witness that this was where God wanted me. How grateful I am that I chose to be obedient. This has changed my life. Pre-mission the gospel was another bullet point on the long list of things that made me who I am; I have now learned how to make it the focal point of my life. I feel that all mission experiences are specifically catered to the needs of that individual- and I am no exception. I have many more improvements to make but this allowed me to make necessary changes that have, and will continue to bless my life. I know, now more than ever, that I am a daughter of God, and must live accordingly.
We are often instructed on the importance of a consecrated life. Being a missionary has started me on the path to a life full of service, faith, and obedience. I plan to dedicate my time, efforts, and means to build God’s kingdom in whatever way I am able. I want to make a difference. I will live in a way that will allow me to become who God needs me to be so that I can reach my full potential. My goal is to live worthily to make it to my Father’s kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment