9.07.2010

WEEK 15




Another week has gone by, its been a pretty good one, no complaints here! The weather is so much nicer and I am loving not sweating and being able to ride our bikes again (minus the whole manditory helmet thing). This week on Tuesday we had zone conference so that was pretty cool... literally the air conditioning was turned up so high that I thought I was going to get hyperthermia. We learnt some good things though, and I got to see Elder Maryinez (my home boy/district leader from the mtc), I was soooo excited to see him, haha probably too excited. So that was cool and we talked for a good while about life, he was surprised I was still with my trainer as he has been with a different person every transfer. There are less sisters though so we tend to stay together longer so it makes sense. He is doing good though and Ill see him later today again at the zone activity, which hopefully wil be fun- we are going to play volleyball so maybe Ill rise to the occasion. This week we had a tour with a man named carlos vasquesz, he has come to church twice but its been hard to set up tour with him so he hasnt been considered our investigator for a while but hes really nice little mexican man and he made me thing huge wall decoration thing out of wood and rocks and marbles and it weighs like 10 pounds haha, it was really thoughtful so that was pretty exciting. Ill send you a picture. We have been eating a lotttt this week- Alejandra, our investigator likes to go out to eat and she is really shy so we have been trying to get closer to her so weve been going out to eat with her, hence all the pix of me eating random stuff haha. Alejandra did my make up the other day and she did it like super blue and crazy and then curled my hair all tight and I looked pretty crazy, the elders were at their house eating at the same time and they got a pretty good kick out it since they took a pic and now keep bugging me about my "sweet makeover." She is going to be getting baptized this Sunday and her brther next sunday as he is prgressing a bit slower, its very exciting as they will be able to be sealed in the temple a year from now and Ill be on my mission still and will be able to go. We arent allowed to go with our investogators to the temple for baptisms- just endowments and sealings and only if we taught them all the lessons- so hopefully that works out. The other day I accidentally said 'He (talking about God) loves us depsite our infections"... instead of imperfections haha, maybe you had to be there but we got a kick out of it. My sense of humor is kind of depleating haha, I find everything funny now, Im a little worried. Sister Kang always says things and I say, 'yikes you are so missionary" then the other day we drove past this new cinema and it was so flashy and had all these lights and stuff and sister Kang goes, "wow, its so...worldly" and I actually agreed, so she was like, "oh no, youre actually turning into a missionary!" haha, it was awesome. This week I hit 4 months in the mission by the way, wow huh!? we helped this guy move the other night and I did some serious damage carrying a bookshelf that was apparently too much for my body to handle. So we are soar and dying. I had a lot of emails waiting for me today so I had to print them off so I didnt get to skim them but thanks for writing, Im excited to see how you guys are doing! I loveeee you so much and hope that everything is going good! Besos! Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment