9.27.2010

Week 18

Oh my goodness, I have too much to say! I'll fill you in on my week first. Monday we drove all the way to the fair to find out that it is closed on Mondays so Hermana Seanez felt bad and said, "ok we are going downtown instead!" so we drove to downtown LA (well the little part that's in our mission) and went to Little Mexico which was just this street with a bunch of stalls of people selling little Mexican artifacts, it was a cute place and pretty fun to go hang out down there even though everything was super over priced so I ended up spending $2 haha, biggg spender- not really. If anything the mission has made me more stingy- if that is possible!? Tuesday we had companion exchanges so I headed off to Sierra Madre with Sister Clawson for 24 hours. Their area was a little more ghetto than ours but there were lots of Latinos so it seemed cool. We hit the streets and I talked the wholeeee time, it was good cuz Sister Kang never pushed me so it was a chance for me to rise to the occasion- and I did and it was cool. Saturday we went to the Relief Society General Conference Broadcast- so awesome. Well mainly the prophet, the others were good but the Prophet kind of showed them up haha. He talked about not judging others and having charity- deff loved it and it made me that much more determined to apply it. Its hard to hold your tongue but I have deff seen how important it is here and in non-mission life, so hopefully Ill be remembering all these things I'm learning after the mission haha. Then Saturday the highly anticipated transfer call came and holy unexpected... I have been called to be senior companion!!! I didnt think it was even an option because no Spanish sisters have come in since me but I am now with Hermana Herrera who came out a transfer before me and I guess I have been called in my weakness because I feeling rather ill-equipped and anxious about the whole thing haha. I got called to be senior companion when I was still with my trainer, that is so not normal or cool! hahaha, I am so confused! So yeah- thats my life right now, just freaking out over here hahah, not really it'll be ok. Hermana Herrera so far (in our short drive from the office to our area- so 10 minutes haha) she seems nice. She loves to shop soooo I have a feeling that my p-day is about to get less fun haha, I lied and said I liked it too, kind of regretting that haha, oh well. She is from Venezuela but I kept speaking to her in Spanish and she responded in English soooo I'm not sure what language we will be speaking, time will tell. Apparently she has to have a very cold bedroom in order to sleep and I told her our house doesn't have air conditioning and that was a pretty big blow for her, hopefully everything will work out great and we will be best friends and do workkkkk. Anyways, we are teaching some wonderful people, have 2 baptisms coming up, Lorenzo we have been teaching for a while but he just recently built enough faith to get Sunday mornings off so he attended church this Sunday- hoooooray. Then theres this guy Ernesto who is super new and they both have baptismal dates so yayyyyy!!!!! I love this area. I am super stoked for General Conference this weekend!!!! It should be really good and it'll be a nice break, I need a catch up because I haven't been able to sleep since transfer calls haha. When the AP told me I thought he was joking and I laughed and I said, "I don't believe you" haha, but he wasn't joking apparently. Anyways, I gotta go but I loveeeee you guys. BESOS!!!! Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment