8.30.2010

Week 14

This week we taught Alejandra and Ramon and they have baptismal dates and they are superrrr cool. They are 16 and 13 and their parents got baptized like 8 months ago but the elders didn't teach the kids... so we are doing that now and they are awesome. They are a... bigger family... so we always eat a lot when we go there which is the best. I don't think I can count how many tortillas I eat in a day here haha. This week in weekly planning we dropped pretty much everyone we are teaching. This week we are gunna be doing a lot of knocking I reckon, its good though and overdue but Sister Kang is a little more patient with people than I am. I don't like feeling like I need to drag people, "here it is people, eternal life, take it or leave it" haha. Hermana Castillo and Jesus Avila are now considered 'active' on the new ward list we got, which is super cool since we have focused a lot of attention on them, really great to see them progressing. I forgot to mention that I gave a talk last Sunday in church,I think it went ok. Mine was deff more entertaining than the elders (we have pretty boring elders in our district now) so that's a plus.

We found out that one of our English referrals from knocking is getting baptized! Yay, we talked to this guy Christian on his door step and gave his info to English elders and look what happened! Hooray! I am still the last Spanish sister that has come to the mission and apparently next transfer they are all English sisters coming in too, so I guess I am destined to be junior comp forever haha, it's all good though, Heavenly Father knows what he's doing.

We recently had a lesson with Cecilia and we did a visual aid where we had this thing that you light on fire in their hand but then at the last minute it floats up into the air.. well she got nervous when the flame was getting closer to her skin and she yelled "S***!!!!" Like super loud and it was the funniest thing ever. We were like, "where's your faith!?" so that was classic.

1 comment:

  1. Laura, My niece Kaitlyn Pack is going to the MTC on Wednesday, Sept. 8th. She will be in your mission, in the English speaking. So exciting! We really enjoy reading your blog and hearing your experiences as a missionary. Have a great week!! Yvonne Pack

    Yvon

    ReplyDelete