10.04.2010

Week 19



Hey you guys!

Well its deff been an action packed week for me. Monday was transfers where I met Hermana Herrera. First impression- I was just shocked at how much stuff she had haha, our car almost didn't have enough room for all her stuff (I'm thinking that is directly related to her fascination with shopping). Tuesday we taught mutual- not because I wanted to but because Hermana Kang agreed to it before she left haha, needless to say, when I saw her at conference this weekend I told her she was in my bad books for signing me up for something I didn't want to do haha. Thursday we had district meeting and it was extremely boring. Our zone got split in half so the district leader that corrected my Spanish that one day is now our zone leader and still in my district. Elder Kidd went home last transfer and he was my homie (even though he took his jokes a bit too far sometimes about how sister missionaries are a waste of space- he would always tell us to go home and find a husband and feed him nachos while he watches football- obviously I feel bad for his future wife). He made our district more fun so that was kind of depressing that he left. On Friday we told our investigator Lorenzo that he needs to quit his job and find a new one haha (cuz he works on Sundays), those are lessons that always make me nervous. We have some super awesome investigators right now though so it's so fun teaching them. Saturday and Sunday was conference which was really good. I watched it in English in a room with all the missionaries on Saturday, I prefer to watch it in English but that room was crazyness so it was pretty distracting. There is a certain sister that loves the elders attention and the whole time she would not shut up, so Sunday I watched it in Spanish to escape that shiz and cuz we had investigators that came so yeah- it was great. Last night we reported our numbers for the week and our district leader was like, "wow! you guys did so good! you taught 4 times as many lessons as the zone leaders." I was happy cuz its been a super stressful week for me. I'm fine, I like being senior and already feel used to it, but it's been stressful as I feel a lot of pressure . So life is good here. I am a lot more focused on the mission and feeling good about being here and the work and progress in the area (yes- still in Covina).. BESOS. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment