4.11.2011

Week 46

Just sent some random photos- realized most of them were of me by myself haha, I promise I have friends, I suppose I am just super vain and dont like to share the spotlight! haha. Life here is locaaaa, everything is going good. Claudia Cardona paid her tithing this week, she got a check she wasnt expecting and we had just taught tithing and she thought it would be a good way to show her gratitude to God for the unexpected surprise- she is very very cool. Their family are our only progressing investigators right now and it is such a task to get through a lesson with them. Juanita is flaking, superrr not cool, she has canceled multiple appointments so we dont know whats going on with her despite our efforts to see her and get her back on track. We gave a tour to this old guy this week, we thought he was golden because he went to check out the temple but was so mad when they didnt let him go in so he wanted to meet with missionaries to find out how he could enter... found out he is a photographer and wanted to see inside to take pics.. not that he was actually interested in the religion. This week we were able to have a really fun FHE with Karla and her kids and her brother's kids and it was super fun, its so awesome that Karla is being so strong wanting to come back to church and she is setting a good example for her brother who, although he hasnt come to church yet, is slowly coming around.
I am playing soccer in the mornings, haha ok not really playing soccer since really its just me running up and down the parking lot with a soccer ball but I have changed my eating habits and exercising hardcore, you should see the fridge- everything is green! Im on a serious health obsession right now and I am really liking it- hopefully it sticks! I will weigh 115 by the time I come home, thats the goal. This morning was especially awesome cuz 2 Mexican guys came and juggled the ball with me and it made me feel super legit and Latina for those 5 minutes haha. My Spanish is coming along I suppose, my vocab has expanded significantly so its really cool. The members always say to the missionaries if they want to speak Spanish better they need to eat more spicy food... haha just so you know Sam- that is a myth!!!! I am so excited for you as you go to the temple this week. Pray before you go. How are you feeling as your mission date slowly gets closer? Youll be awesome, I have no doubts.
Everything here is good, I am feeling a lot more positive this week, there will always be moments of frustration in life but its how you deal with it that counts- I guess venting to you guys about my companion issues is not really the best way to live according to that little nugget of wisdom, but hey, we are only human haha. Sister Clawson and I had a good week, I gave myself an attitude check and all is now is ship shape. President wrote me an email today that was really nice, telling me to help my companion finish strong etc. It was cool, he knows what all his missionaries are like I have noticed.
This morning a member took us to a really awesome bakery called Portos Bakery... oh my goodness, it was the bomb, it was in Glendale and I am stuffffffed and it was delicious, Ill take you guys one day.

p.s. next week p-day is Wednesday because that day we are going to the temple- hoooooray! So dont expect an email on Monday! hugs and kisses

No comments:

Post a Comment