5.16.2011

Week 51




So heres the news with the doctor... so I tested positive for a second time for lupus antibodies, if you dont know what lupus is you can look it up haha. Its still not 100% that I have it but he kind of explained that my body hasnt decided what course its going to take yet so I am still undiagnosed. There is something pretty wrong though because he went on to explain that in my blood results that my ANA (which is a count of my antibodies, which is basically my immune system)- that it is supposed to be under 40 and mine was 1280 , yikes! So my body is like preparing itself for something, didnt really understand everything, maybe you could ask Russ Hales to explain it better for me because my doctor is too smart for his own good and cant explain things simply. So yeah, thats that! No worries though, time will tell as always!

This week we had zone conference and it was fun, they over air condition it cuz all the elders have to wear their jackets so I was freezing. This was a great week! I sent you my presidents letter so hopefully you enjoy that. We have zone activity playing soccer at the park today- should be fun!

Heres some random photossss!!!!! We randomly found a sidewalk that just ended and for some reason we thought it was pretty funny, then we did our version of the first vision, then I decided to dye a bunch of stuff pink haha... yikes.

Presidents Letter:
President Pike,
This was a great week! This highlight of the week was yesterday when checking formers we ended up finding an awesome new family, the wife is a less active and the husband is not a member, we taught them 1st lesson right there as they said they wouldnt be free until the following weekend to take tour. The spirit was strong and she bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and in her closing prayer she said, "se que es el tiempo a cercarnos a ti Padre." It was powerful and the husband was nodding throughout the whole lesson- just awesome! We have done a lottttt of knocking this week and have some promising potentials that we are excited about for this coming week. Also we reviewed the baptismal questions with Juanita and she is very excited to be baptized this coming Sunday! Hooray! Also yesterday I was able to teach Relief society and the topic was 'la obra misonal'... President it went so well! We talked about how they as members can be missionaries and at the end I handed out little colored papers where everyone wrote their name and the name of someone they are currently working with or should start to work with, we got about 20 names and we are excited to follow up with those members to help them share the gospel!
In my studies I have been focusing on chapter 9 and reading the first lesson from chapter three. I am trying to be more creative as we are doing a lot of knocking so we want to keep it fresh and exciting by keeping it a little more varied. I was very grateful for my notes from Zone conference and the different things that I thought of that we can apply.
My companion is doing great. Sister Cruz is very well adjusted and slowly talking more. Although her Spanish speaking is a struggle she is pretty ahead of the game with her comprehension. She is always asking how she can help more, what else she can do, I like the help and appreciate her desire to serve.
Thanks for everything! Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment