5.31.2011

Week 53

Man I was really hoping to have an email off Sam but maybe he hasnt had his p-day yet!? Im sure he is doing great in the MTC. Its a cool place- 9 weeks is probably going to be pretty different than my 3 week experience but hopefully he has a cool companion. Excited to hear the details!

So this week was awesome. Wednesday was Alejandras bday and we made her the BOMB cake of oreos, pudding and cool whip- it was delicccccious. They then invited us to go with them to Hometown Buffet where we ate our weight in food, then felt sick for the rest of the night. We have been biking for a large portion of the week and are nice and tanned and feeling extremely soar! Like... sooooo soar. We are also running to a park to play soccer and I have never had such a deep burn in my shins than I do right now from kicking the ball... Sister Cruz kicks it so hard so I try to keep up... unfortunately I am suffering the consequences. We have so much fun together though, we are very alike and think the same things are funny and the same stuff is cool... it makes life so enjoyable. Sunday Juanita was confirmed which was great, she came all dressed up (she is very casual so it was really exciting to see her all fancy!) and it was a great day! Yesterday we had pday but we couldnt email cuz everything was closed for memorial day. We went to swap meet and bought some fun jewelry, we were looking for a clay pot to make beans but we didnt find one- better luck next time! We then almost DIED! Long story short, this tool in front of me while merging onto the freeway came to a complete stop while I was checking my blind spot and basically I did the craziest fast and furious stunt and somehow slipped perfectly between the tool and this huge semi... I cant really explain it but we were superrrr protected because we probably should have died. We said a sincere gratitude prayer when we made it to Arcadia, yikes. I have an interview that I requested with president. I have had different things that I have wanted to talk to him about and we ended up talking for about an hour and a half, he is the BOMB. He is such a spiritual giant, like a vault of knowledge, it was really cool to have that time to ask different things. He also gave me a health blessing which was really nice. One of the things we talked about was my release date because I have the option of coming home Oct.11th or Nov. 22nd... we talked about it and I told him that I wasnt sure what to do and he told me to go home in October... kind of crazy. He told me to think about it and let him know, I told him I would. I am leaning towards October after the convo I had with him.

This coming week we are celebrating Karlas birthday with her on Friday... she is my favorite person of all time. I just feel like Ive seen her faith grow and it has been such a blessing to have met her and gone through a lot of ups and downs with her. I have loved being left in this area so long, I feel so blessed. Transfer calls are this Saturday and I have no idea what will happen... I will be happy with whatever- ahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment