6.13.2011

Week 55


Sooooo this week has been loco. But Ive liked it, everything here is really different, I am having a good time adjusting and seeing how its so different. The ward is a lot bigger and more active, and our area is HUGE- we have to fold the map like 10 times in order to make it a decent size... yikes. So Monday was pday and we just chilled pretty much the whole day. Friday night we had a ward talent show and I decided that we had to put ourselves out there so we did a RAP! yesss... we are so hardcore, in Spanish of course, I didnt know I had the ability to write a rap in Spanish but it turns out that I do! They were laughing, it was kind of a missionary joke rap so it was legit, they actually made us do it twice so I was glad that we took initiative and that it didnt end up being lame. So this wek we found 2 new investigators that we are really excited about, one is named consuelo and the other is named Frances. We also put these twins with baptismal dates- they are 10. There were zero investigators when I got here so I am feeling like it was a good week! The Sunday we had stake conference so I got to see everyone from covina- too bad it wasnt later in the transfer because they havent had time to miss me yet haha. Plus I want to see chino ward- apparently its packed on Sundays which will be a nice change!
So this coming week we are going to be doing a lot of finding! I was so excited because Alexi and Oscar (my racent convert) live in our area! We went to visit them and they were so surprised so it was awesome, weird that we moved the same week to the same place- there are no coincidences in life though so I am happy. She is pregnant and they are planning on getting sealed in the temple at the end of this year- how cool! Sister Love and I are getting along really well. I guess I didnt make a super good first impression because when I got to the apartment I went on a cleaning rampage- like crazy organized everything and went through the area book like a mad woman and she thought I was going to be super stiff... haha I later explained that I just have my overwhelmed moments where I go a little crazy. Also at the grocery store all I bought was veggies so she thought I was a health freak haha... she confessed all of these things to me late in the week so it was pretty funny. Note to self: I need to try to be more normal so I dont scare people! haha. Well life is great, the mission is really starting to pick up for me, I am loving it. Thanks for all the support you constantly give me.

President Pike, This was a great week! Chino is so weird but cool! The ward is super big and strong, it was great to be able to go to stake conference but I will have to wait till next week to see what it is like on Sundays. Friday night we had the ward talent show which was a great success, lots of people came, including our new investigator. This week we were able to give a tour to a lady named Consuelo who was a referral from one of the elders investigators. Then we also have a recent converts sister who moved in with her this week and we went to their house to meet her and she said, "I want to be baptized!"... so that was easy! haha. There are also some twin boys who are about to turn 10 and we were able to set them for a baptismal date for 2 weeks from now, so we have some promising things starting to occur. I am starting to understand the roads a little better and with time I will love it here almost as much as I love covina! Something cool is that my recent convert from covina moved last week to Pomona and we found out this week she moved into our area!!!! I was so excited! My studies this week I have really been focusing on the questions of the soul- one of the questions that really stuck out to me was what does Jesus expect of me, I was able to read the suggested chapter and was amazed with the list I had by the end of the activity. I am grateful to know what God and Christ expect from me and grateful for the Atonement when I fall short. Sister Love is really great, she is always happy and trying hard to be a good missionary. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for this chance to serve here at this time with these people. Thanks for all you do. - Sister Christian


1 comment:

  1. Yesss! I didn't know you had a blog until today Laura! SO I'm glad I discovered it! I love our updates! and i'm glad to hear you're doing well. i miss your lovely face! Keep up the good work! love hil xo

    ReplyDelete