6.20.2011

Week 56

This was a great week! We were super busy knocking 48489 doors and talking to everyone we see, it was so great, not that I havent done that in the past but this week was way better because we turned it up a knotch and we loved it. Downside: I am exhausted haha. But its good. So today p-day has come back around! Today is going to be super fun because we are getting together with the elders and playing glow stick frisbee- its where you turn off the lights in the gym and we have glowsticks on the frisbee and our wrists anddd...play haha. Its the first time we are trying it so we will see how it goes- I have a feeling somone is going to get hurt haha. Im happy because Elder Kohler and Smith are coming from covina, they are like my best friends in the mission so I am stoked to see them, and its elder smiths bday so we are gunna go pick him up a cake or something. Ice cream cake maybe!? My favorite!!!! So last monday we played phase ten with our district and I dominated muahah. Yesterday was an awsome day cuz after church we went to celebrate fathers day (BTW HAPPY FATHERS DAY DADDDD!!!!! LOVE YOU) and we ate LOADS. And the hermano there talked to us and the elders for a super long time and we got into suppppper deep doctrine and its all me and my comp have been talking about since, hahah, I love it. I have a super long list of church books I need to read after the mission- so much info so little time! ahhh haha. Sooo to update you on the little funny things of life... edler kohler got me more intense on my health kick while in covina and got our whole district doing protein shakes every morning so then when I came here I peer pressued Sister Love into it so we are making protein jokes all the time. If we need to pick something up we say something like, "oh good thing I had my protein this morning" haha... I feel like maybe my sense of humor has kind of slipped since becoming a missionary but it truly is funny- take my word for it! Sister Love and I crack each other up, she is my favorite companion thusfar, she is just awesome! We are laughing 24/7, I secretly wish I would have been blessed with such easy comps my whole mission but obviously Heavenly Father knows what we need so I feel reassured and grateful for the course my mission has taken. Weird to think that I am on the tail end of my mish... wow. Not trunky though! Actually quite the opposite, Im feeling more and more involved with the work and just being where my feet are. Thats a new saying I have acquired, meaning not to be in the past or the future, just to be where you feet are, right now mine happen to be in chino california so thats where my head is too. Its good.
Presidents Letter
President Pike,
This was one of the best weeks of my mission because we worked suppper hard and were able to meet most of our goals. I am really excited about ths area, there is so much potential and lots of people are coming out of the wood works. We knocked into a guy named Miguel who came on tour and didnt commit to come to church but then there he was! Also Martin is a man that has some to church for 2 sundays but is never free to have lessons and we were able to teach him after church, the spirit was strong and he says he is excited to learn more as "this is all very new to him." That comment, among others, showed how well he understood the restoration and we are really axcited about him. Jose is a guy that the Diamond Bar sisters found and gave tour to but they soon realized that his spanish as better than his english, he liked the ward yesterday and he seems really ready for the gospel. Luckily at church he saw someone that he is friends with and they were surprised to see each other there- now we know who to call to come for lessons! We have been finding like crazyyyy, I have loved it, we are loving our time together and we are very excited for the baptism of Sean and Christian this coming weekend, they are cute twin boys who are sooo smart! Its so fun to teach them. This week I have been studying the restoration chapter in preach my gospel, this is our main focus as that should help us in contacting, I feel that I am becoming more and more bold in my contacting and it really allows the spirirt to testify to me and those we are talking to of the truth of our message. The gospel is perfect, I love it! Thanks for everything you do, I cant believe you guys are leaving soon! You and your family are going to be so missed! -Sister Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment