6.06.2011

Week 54

So the crazzzzziest thing ever happened- I got transferred! This whole week I was aware that my time in covina was coming to a close but when I got the call Saturday it hit me pretty hard- then even worse the next day when I had to say bye to everyone and the tears started flowing...etc... very tough. BUT its all good because its time for me to be a missionary in CHINO! Thats the name of my new area. I am with Sister Love fromUtah who was comps with Sister Cruz in the MTC so this is her 2nd transfer. We took multiple wrong turns on our way here so she is pretty lost- so overall its going to be pretty funny trying to get around. This week was a good one, I was actually suppppper sad to leave behind my district too, we got super tight this last transfer. Its actually pretty funny- we emptied out this garage with so much junk and the lady let us take whatever we wanted so the elders found a black light and I was going on about how jealous I was, then on Sunday they gave it to me as a good bye present, Ill miss them. Sister Cruz and I had a black light party last night so I have already put it to good use haha. I saw that I got Sams email, I am really excited to see what he is up to and see how he is doing, Im sure he is doing great. So I am feeling a little excited about this "new chapter" in the mission, weird that I only have 3 transfers left- 4 months... wow. Time really does pass so quickly. This coming Sunday we have stake conference so I will be back in my covina building- home sweet home haha. Funny thing is Alexi and Oscar (my recent convert) moved to Chino ward 2 weeks ago and I was so sad to see them go and now I am following them! I am excited to surprise them! The saddest part of leaving was saying good bye to Hermana Ramirez, my Mexican mama, and her daughter Alejandra. Ahhh so many cool people, the mission has been the very best thing for me. I love that I went state side because its just a drive away! Or a cheap flight! Oh by the way, I am no longer taking methotrexate- it didnt make a big enough difference for me to feel the need to take it s I am just on plaquinil, its good, Im glad not to be taking the other one- too many scary sounding side effects! When I moved all the sisters were amazed with how little stuff I had- just my 2 suitcases and my bedding and I thought of dad making fun of my packing skills when I explained that the trick is to "roll the clothes" hahaha. I actually didnt roll them this time- I really just dont have that much stuff!
President Pike!
I cant enter next weeks goals because I dont have them written down in my agenda because I did weekly planning on a separate piece of paper as I was sure that my time in covina was up! Sure enough, I was right! Despite my knowing beforehand that I would move- it was a blow! I am super sad to be leaving my area but happy that Sister Cruz and I could have such a nice transfer together and I will be staying in contact with the people I left behind so I suppose it really is time for me to move on. So this past week was a good one as we were able to set Agustine with a baptismal date and get him on tour. On Sunday we were really disappointed they didnt come to church but later found out its because his wife Eunice was really sick. Fingers crossed for
this coming Sunday- might be a little different because we have stake conference. Juanita was really excited to learn more about temples and is planning on going with her son this coming Saturday afternoon to go to the visitors center- she is really tearing through the Book of Mormon, especially for someone with so little education. So guess what!? I am LOST! haha Chino is big, I am probably going to send tonight studying the maps and praying for Heavenly Father to help me figure this out fast! I am very grateful for every transfer I have had and every lesson learned, yay for being a missionary! This week in my studies I am really enjoying preach my gospel's teachings on helping people make commitments. There were some pointers that really stuck out to me- especially on following up that I need to improve on. Thanks for everything! Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment