6.14.2010

Cali Week 3



Wow, I got a whole lot of emails this week which is so cool but then leaves me with little time haha, I need to figure out how to speed up the process. Sounds like everyone is doing good :) very glad to hear! So another week has passed by, I have noticed that they are long days but fast weeks- not really sure how that works but that's how I feel. All is well here, this week has been good and Sister Kang and are tearing it up in Covina Spanish area! Yesterday was Andreas baptism and that was deff a highlight thus far, it was really nice and she looked so pretty and her boys turn 8 soon so it's cool to see how this can change their lives for the better. The depressing stat they told us in the MTC is that only 30% of the people we baptize stay active in the church- I'm not sure why they told us that statistic- deff not my idea of a motivational speech! Also Edgar is my favvvvorite person ever and he had a baptismal date for this Sunday but then dropped off the face of the earth then we finally caught him at home yesterday then taught him last night and now has a new baptismal date- sadly its a month from now because he said he was feeling a little unsure about everything, but still!

Yesterday we had stake conference which was really good, the sister missionaries I met were not overly friendly but you can't judge a book by its cover so it's all good. I realized how big my zone is, there are so many missionaries here! whoa. Tomorrow we have my first zone conference so I am excited to find out what that's all about. Already picked out my outfit haha, I'm not joking. Clothes and shoes are still good, and my hair is looking more shiny then ever haha, I swear! We are biking a lot, we have super cool bikes from the mission home, they are the blue ones in the pic I attached. I love biking, I am really loving running in the morning too, I am dropping weight like crazy which is pretty cool. Maybe I would have gone on my mission sooner if I had realized that it's a great way to lose weight! We get fed by members maybe twice a week, so not much. Went to In-N-Out the other day, the food was great but I still feel a little self conscience in public as a missionary so I felt a little weird. I'll get used to it though. It was funny actually, as I was feeling extremely conservative in my clothing this 15 year old girl walked in with the smallest cheerleading costume I've ever seen and I thought "oh no, I wonder if her mom knows she goes out in public like that" then her mom entered in the door right after her then I decided that the second coming must be soon haha. I also decided I was better off in my missionary clothes just in case it comes faster than we think!

I am in the top bunk and have been ever since my first sleeping arrangements back in the MTC. It's cool, so cool that it deserves it's own paragraph haha.

I am feeling really good and grateful to have such a wonderful loving family & friends. I've met quite a few people that don't have that support so it makes me really glad to have you guys.




No comments:

Post a Comment