6.28.2010

Week 5



This was a very fast week :) Where to start? We had mission president interviews on Tuesday and I sat down thinking he was gunna ask me a bunch of stuff and he goes, "so what do you want to ask me?"... I was not prepared and I was like, "uhh... I dunno, what do you want to ask me!?" haha, oops, next time I'll be better prepared. We talked for a good 20 minutes though, I was positive but wish I would have talked about our investigators instead of talking about myself.

We had a very successful week, our numbers were the highest in the zone which I guess is good, I still think we could have done more but Sister Kang and I are working in unity and President Pike told me an inferior plan is better than a superior plan when you are united- and I totally agree obviously.

We did quite a lot of service as my favorite family moved out of our ward (in the pic I sent of all of us at church)- Angelica just got baptized 2 months ago and Jorge her husband is being stubborn and doesn't want to give up drinking, but they are the COOLEST. We spent a lot of time with them so that was sad to see them go. This Sunday they wrote in my journal thing and Jorge said I was the coolest missionary he has met- that made me feel good, then I thought, "that probably means I need to be more spiritual". I'm still trying to figure out how to be Laura and Sister Christian- it's kinda tricky. We ate at their house for the last time and they dared me to eat a chili and I took the smallest one thinking it would make it easier but they told me after when I was dying that the smaller ones are hotter. haha I had tears streaming down my face and they said I turned bright red... it was hardcore! The other foto is of us helping Manuela Silva getting her stuff out of storage- trying to get her fridge into her house was nearly impossible, I felt really bad for the elders because they were in their missionary clothes and sweating like crazy with all the stuff we had to carry. Service is fun though, I love it.

We have transfers this next Monday- wowwww, I'm anxious. I don't want to leave this area, I'll be fine if I stay with Sister Kang, I'm fine with whatever so it'll be exciting to see what happens.

The world cup is overtaking the earth. That's all everyone is talking about, so I have actually stayed really informed on what's going on with all that! A lot of investigators didn't come to church this Sunday cuz of the Mexico game haha- silly.

Gotta go, loveeeee you tons. XOXOX. take care, thanks for your emails, I print them and read them after my email time cuz we literally get zero time on here ... thanks for everything. LOVE YOU. Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment