7.19.2010

Week 8




This week has been pretty interesting. Character building would probably be a good way of summing it up, haha. Its fine though- by the time P Day comes around my mood normally lifts haha. It's been insanely hot- it's hard to have motivation to leave the comforts of our lovely air conditioned car! Juan wasn't able to get baptized yesterday as he needs an interview with President- so I am praying that it goes well. We were at his house last night and the tamale guy came to their door selling tamales and they bought a bunch and sister Kang was like "oh no, didn't we teach him not to buy stuff on Sunday?" and I was like "yeah we did" then like 2 minutes later Sister Kang was like, "Juan you forgot, its dia de reposo" and he was like, "OHHH NOOOO!" haha, maybe you had to be there but it was pretty funny. So we ate a bunch of tamales and chatted with them for a while, love them.

Our apartment doesn't have air conditioning and I've been dying of heat on the top bunk then the other night I got sooo mad cuz I couldn't sleep and got out of bed and pulled the mattress off the top bunk onto the floor. The next morning I rearranged the room so that all the stuff that was under the bed is now on the top bunk and I slide the mattress out from under the bottom bunk at night time. I think you can see it in one of the pix I am sending.

I am learning to cook! I have learnt quite a lot in the short period of time I've been here. It's fun, I don't know why people make it seem like it's so hard!? It's all Mexican and Korean food- so Im getting culturally enriched at the same time- yay! My favorite thing to eat thus far is Elote!!!! They sell it in the street, it's just corn on the cob with mayo, parmesan cheese and chile- delicioussss.

I got a spider bite on my lip- pretty awesome, it's all anyone can look at when they see me because it's been big and red all week- yuck. It's starting to get better so I am happy.

This week should be interesting as we are having something called 'sisters conference' to get us up to speed with all the changes they are making in the mission. Its gunna be with all 17 sister missionaries in the mission- haha didnt realize how outnumbered we are! wow.

I better go, hopefully this week will go better and hopefully Juan will be able to get baptized on Sunday. The work is coming along and I loveeee these people. Love and miss you guys tons. Laura.

Pix- foot spray-love it, not sure if it works but it made me laugh. sunset- gorgeous. mountain view- the rich part of our area where we never go but it's a pretty view so we decided to check it out (only wearing sunglasses cuz I just hopped out of the car for the foto). and FHE with the elders and investigators and they were forcing me to fulfill my domestic role haha.



1 comment:

  1. Laura! How awesome, I didn't even know you were on a mission! That is so cool. Congratulations! You will love it. My mission was possibly the best thing I ever did, for that one decision has shaped so many of my other huge decisions in my life. You will love it and reflect on it everyday of your life. I'm sure the Elders have a crush on you too, you're so cute! Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete