7.26.2010

Week 9 in California




All is well here, this week we had that sisters conference which was so awesome. Spiritual high for sure- I was crying like the whole time,not sure if it was because I was super in tune with the spirit or because I was on my period haha, either way it was good. The elders had the same trainings the week prior and they were fed In-N-Out and Panda Express etc and they got us these salad rolls and healthy food, needless to say I was NOT impressed haha. They talked a lot about marriage and how lucky our future husbands were and stuff- it was cool but kind of weird. Made me feel like I was in a marriage prep class instead of a mission conference, but whatever. We learnt a lot though, the rest of the week has been pretty slow. I worry that we are busy about a small work. There are the key indicators that we are supposed to focus on (numbers for lessons taught etc) and I feel like we just run around sharing scriptures sporadically and doing service, which are good things but I feel like we aren't working how I would like. But I'm not in charge and I am trying to stay happy and positive but when you aren't working hard, the time passes slowly- sooo thats not cool because I don't know how to fix the situation. But it's all good.

Juans baptism is on hold till further notice, President said 2 weeks so hopefully that will all work out sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed! We are being fed a lot more, I figured out you need to charm them then they will want to feed you- so I've had the charm on hardcore cuz I was hungry for a while there haha. But yeah all is fine in the eating department. I laughed out loud when mom asked me what we do for fun on pday... we... uhh... wash the car... and email... and if we are feeling super crazy we go to Ikea and walk around. haha, yeah... no theres not much to do here haha, or maybe there is and I haven't discovered them, I don't even like going to Ikea any more cuz it just makes me want my own house, which is currently out of the question.

This week at the conference they announced that sister missionaries dress standards have changed- we no longer have to wear nylons ever, the skirts don't have to be mid calf and we are encouraged to wear more colors. We burnt our nylons the next day hahahah, it made me happy because nylons are a ridiculous invention.

My favorite quote of the week was by Jesus, one of our less actives, super cool middle aged blind guy, ex thug, he goes, "Hermana, I don't know what to do, I owe the tamale lady $240" bahaha, it was pretty funny.

So yeah all is well here, hoping that this week will pick up. I am excited to hear about all the exciting events going on back home. xoxox. Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment