7.06.2010

Week 6

So yesterday was holiday so we didn't have access to a computer but Sister Kang and I are still here in Covina so we are about to embark on another 6 week adventure together! So everything is going great here! I'm happy to be staying in this area- its awesome.

We discovered that Juan is straight and he is such a golden investigator! We are hoping that he will be able to get baptized either this Sunday or next and we just started teaching his cousin too, they are awesome. Edgar disappeared then randomly we decided to bike to his area and he passed us in his truck so we are going to start teaching him again! yay!!! Nothing is coincidence! We have had awesome reactivation success here in the short time I've been here. Hermana Castillo has come every Sunday (except for when Mexico played in the World Cup last Sunday haha), Jesus is the crazy funny blind guy and he's coming back to church- he has a lot of changes to make though as he needs to head off to rehab, and Hermana Silva who is a little out there but she's 63 and all alone so she loves our visits. Such cool people. Everardo was another golden investigator we had, we taught him first second and third and he is getting baptized 2 Sundays from now andddd... he moved, so we had to hand him off to other elders, shucks, but it all works out in the end if we get him in the water!

Wow- crazy event happened. So there's this 25 year old Guatemalan investigator named Marvin who keeps coming to out ward each Sunday even though he is supposed to go to a different building and we didn't know why, Then this Sunday after church he came up to me and handed me a note all folded up so I said I'd look at it later and off I went. I took it out of my bag and it was a hard core love note- yikes…I called the President and I was so scared that I would get transferred or something but all is well and he said that he will take care of it.
4th of July was pretty fun, everyone was lighting off fireworks in the street and we all got together as a district and ate dinner because it was the last night before transfers. This past week went by really fast, I am excited for this month. There are still many moments of frustration but I am having fun and loving the work.

There are a lot of changes being made in our mission and I think I have mentioned this before but me and Elder Martinez were the first Spanish only missionaries and now the only people going Spanish speaking here for a while are going to be Latinos because there are already so many people here (bilingual missionaries) that have been trained at the MTC for Spanish so that means that I will be junior for a while probably cuz there aren't going to call more people Spanish speaking for a while. So that's interesting.

Guess what!? I read the Book of Mormon in one transfer! wow! I am shocked, we have 15 mins of personal study time to read but then I would always read during lunch and dinner so I got it done in 6 weeks- it's so cool! It makes way more sense when you read more than one chapter at a time cuz the events make more sense as a story, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment