7.12.2010

Week 7

Thanks for writing, I love the emails- yay!

Juan is getting baptized this Sunday and he is the coolest person I have ever met. We taught him the word of wisdom and his jaw dropped as he drinks multiple cups of coffee a day, but he hasnt drank any since that day. The other day we reviewed the baptisimal interview questions and his answers were awesome and after he told us that he really wants to serve a mission!!! what the heck, he is too cool! So we have been talking about that because he keeps asking us about serving a mission and still, he is in the States illegally though so I dont know how that would work as he came into the States on foot over the border- yikes! He was telling me about it and I was fascinated and decided I want to do that some time with a big group of Mexicans- that would be crazy! I want to buy him a white shirt and tie today because he doesnt have one and he is excited about passing the sacrament so I want to give it to him for his baptism present.

We recieved the most random phone call this week for someone that overheard us contacting his uncle on the doorstep a few weeks ago and goes, "you are the mormons? Id like to find out more about your religion" so that was cool since thats not common haha. Since we found Edgar we have been teaching him again and enjoying his company, he is from Guatemala and on Saturday we ate lunch at his house and he gave me this sweeeet Guatemala shirt and this cool bag- I wore it to chruch yesterday and he was so happy! Yay for awesome nice people that we get to teach!

The mission changed some things around, we are now only have zone conference once and president interviews once every 3 transfers, so thats interesting.

On saturday this other sister missionary called us and asked if we wanted to join them in a creative contacting experience. We said yes and it was an ultimate faillll hahah. We went to the park and tried to sing to people, in theory it sounds kinda cool maybe, but it was really intrusive and I havent felt that awkward ever, in my life. haha. So that didnt work but props to them for trying to be creative- better luck next time haha.

I am doing good, the weeks are speading up, this week was super fast! This is a very good thing as I sometimes feel like I may be a missionary forever and that makes me a little scared. I am enjoying it so much, but more than 18 months might be a little too much haha. I miss and love you guys tons, Im excited to go read these emails you sent me! Much love yooo. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment