10.11.2010

Week 20

Hey,

How is everything? Just skimmed the emails and it looked like everyone is doing good.

So we had another successful week. Our numbers were actually better than last week so I was pretty stoked because our district leader is pretty animated so he is quick to give praise, which was nice to hear after a rather challenging week. Its not that the numbers matter to me so much, its that the numbers are a pretty good indicator of what you were able to get done that week, so its nice to know you used our time wisely and had success. We had 2 tours and 3 new investigators- the sndard of excellence is to have 2 tours a week so I was happy that it worked out. Tour is so tough, people are so slow to get to the church and they arent investigators till we get them there, so its an interesting challenge.

This week I randomly felt impressed to call Edgar, whom we had dropped a few months ago and he came to church on Sunday and said that he needs to come back and stuff so that was super cool, I was so extremely excited to see him cuz he is one of my favorites. This Sunday our investigator Ernesto is getting baptized and he is soooo awesome/ready. He is in 2nd Nephi and loving the book of mormon and came to all the conference sessions- soo legit. Lorenzo is also ready to get baptized but he needs to stop working Sunday afternoons... we are praying that he will find another job. We visit Alejandra a lot and trying to get her to make more friends in YW and attend the tough activities, she is kind of shy so its a little hard for her but she is wonderful and has her heart set on serving a mission, wowww, she keeps asking me about it, all random questions that she wants to know, its cute.

This Wednesday we have interviews with President Pike, they are emphasizing that the interviews should only be 10 minutes long so itll be short but he is a very gentle insightful man so itll be nice to talk to him.

Next Monday or Tuesday we have something called mission tour where we have a guest speaker come but Im not sure which day it will be so you might not hear from me till Tuesday, just a heads up. That should be fun, hoping Ill see Sister Kang as I miss her. I am trying to plan to go back down to Little Mexico for p-day on her last pday (Nov.1st) but the zone leaders are being slow at giving persmission so we'll see what they eventually decide.. bleh.

This morning I dyed all my clothes red. Everything that was once white is now red. And my clothes that I dyed blue in the MTC are now purple... haha. yikes. Are they still good if they arent white!? lol, hope so. Well I gotta goooo but I love and miss you guys tons! I hope everything is going great and that you are taking care and being good! Besosss, Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment