10.25.2010

Week 22

Hows everything?

Tuesday for p-day we were supposed to go to sister Kang's zone activity (shes in another zone) but we didn't get permission because they said that zones are only for the people in the zone. So we ended up playing volleyball in our gym with 4 other elders who were all planning on going to the other activity. We are the only sisters that the elders invite to do stuff haha, its fun, they are some cool guys. We spend a lot of time with Elder Quintero and Elder Francisco, we call it "our club" because we are pretty tight. Wednesday we didn't have coordination because our ward mission leader moved to Colorado this week. We got a new one but none of us know him so he is going to have a lot to learn as he was not originally someone that came out with the missionaries prior to this new calling. There are only a select few that are willing to randomly come out with us on lessons. One of the people was Hermana Seanez and this week she was released as a ward missionary and called as Relief Society president, basically that it a bad blow for us because she comes with us always and now she will be a lot busier. We currently don't have a single ward missionary called in our ward, I am a bit few up with the lack of concern they are showing for missionary work and the little help we are receiving from the ward. On the plus side, the work continues and we are extremely grateful for those that do sacrifice their time to come with us. Go on lessons with the missionaries, tell them when you are free and GO! haha. Just sayin.

So this Saturday we had Lorenzos baptism, he showed up all dressed up and it was really precious and it made me just want to hug him, but I resisted haha. Sunday was his and Ernesto's confirmation so that was really awesome. Our area is doing so well- I deff don't have any complaints about serving here in Covina- loveeee it. Lorenzo bikes for 40 minutes to get here to the church from his house- he is a champ, I love him. Please send me old ties, these guys are all coming to church dressed kinda sloppy so maybe some ties will motivate them to go buy white shirts!

So last night the funniest thing ever happened. We had a pass off lesson with the elders for Jesus (the bling ex-gangster guy, less active member) because they are going to be teaching him from now on because he is in their area but some reason we were teaching him. Anyways, so we were saying bye outside the house and Elder Fransisco farted and it was pretty funny and he was so embarrassed but Hermana Herrera was laughing soooo hard and pointing at him and being pretty harsh about it then we get in the car and she is still laughing then I go, "ew something stinks" and Hermana Herrera looks down and realizes that she sat in dog poop BAHAHA. Kharma gets you. I couldn't stop laughing because it really is true that what goes around comes around.

My companion and I are doing fine. Tomorrow we have exchanges, but they accidentally put Hermana Herrera and Kang together and they both can't drive so they need to fix it so I dunno who it will be with tomorrow or where. Last week I asked for permission to go to Little Mexico on Nov.1st for Sister Kangs last p-day adventure and the zone leaders called and told me that the zone leaders said I shouldn't be planning p-day so far in advance and shouldn't be so distracted. hahah, all these guys take their callings a little bit too seriously. I told him that was nice of them to be so concerned about my level of distraction but to let me know when they feel it's an appropriate time for me to ask for permission. Sooo dumb.

Overall we are teaching a lot and have some great progressing investigators that I love to death. I gotta go but I am good here in Cali, not enjoying the rain but the work continues! loveeee and miss you guys. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment