10.19.2010

Week 21


Hows it going!? Well it has deff been an action packed week. Last P-day we spent at the mall the whole time, not too fun but I bought some AWESOME high heel brown boots that I am in love with, I put them on like every night and sometimes walk around my house in my skinny jeans and boots just to feel normal haha, I'm a loser. We had President interviews on Tuesday so that was nice to meet with him, sadly my companion and I had to have another interview with him later in the week to be able to work out some issues. Good news is that it really helped and we are doing really well now. This week we also had a ward sports activity and that was really fun, I was heading the ball the whole time so I had kind of a head ache afterwards haha, but I'm getting better at headers so that's awesome, in a skirt and everything. My arm movements have been kind of limited for while, for the past 2 months or so my arms and wrists have been super sore- still haven't figured out why but I was hoping to wait it out but its getting worse and it hurts me a lot to wash my hair or reach back for my backpack in the car etc, so I am thinking about going to the doctor, haven't decided yet though.

So this Sunday we had Ernesto's baptism and it was a really great service. He was sooo ready, he is already reading in Alma in the Book of Mormon and he has a great testimony. It was so great to be able to teach him. After the baptism we gave his sons tour and his one son David (24) is kind of an interesting guy and has a huge tattoo on his arm that says 'Born to Hustle'... haha they are our new investigators but he is pretty into his way of life so we'll see how it goes. We are teaching 2 new wonderful families, Alexi and Oscar are a cute little couple from Guatemala, Oscar is actually already a member but he is inactive and now his wife is super interested and he is coming back. She recently miscarried her first baby and she has been really emotional about it, made me pretty sad so I can't imagine how she feels. In church on Sunday I told her she will get to meet her baby and she was crying happy tears for like 5 minutes, it was kind of a precious moment. The other family is Cesra and Elia, also a younger couple with a 5 month old baby Amy. They are super cool and its great to have such cool new investigators, they love us and its so fun to hang out with them. Yesterday we had mission tour and Elder Bowan and his wife came and we had like a 4 hour meeting that was really cool, we talked all about the house of Israel and the Abrahamic covenant and stuff so it was really interesting. Those are some of my favorite topics so it was awesome. This week I locked us out of the house but managed to climb through a broken fence and get into our house. It was actually pretty hilarious because I was stuck between these two planks for wood cuz I got my upper body through but my big butt was not getting through but somehow I made it through and saved the day! haha. Hermana Herrera and I were laughing so hard and we were so sad we didn't have a camera. This week this less active member, Manuela Silva, did a beauty session with us and washed our hair in tomatillo and did avocado masks, it was pretty fun, that explains the pics with the towels on our heads. Overall its been a good week, we had awesome numbers again, I am veryyyy pleased with our success. I love this work and love the mission, its challenging in so many different ways, but I am learning so much and know that this is where I'm supposed to be. Love and miss you guys, see you in less than a year! Hugs and kisses. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment