11.08.2010

Week 24


I am super excited to read these emails that I just printed off! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful supportive family and friends, a lot of missionaries don't have that so don't forget how much I love and appreciate you guys.

So this week has been goodddd, Monday we got to go all over the place for p-day. We went down to little Mexico with the other sisters and the familia Luevano and we had a really good time, Hermano Luevano treated us to an awesome lunch and I got a shrimp burrito and it was awesomeee. We also saw some star from some famous novela but they wouldn't let us take pictures with him. We went down there on the day of the dead which is a big Mexican tradition so everyone had their faces painted as skulls and stuff, it was pretty cool! After that we headed to Sister Kangs good bye BBQ and it was pretty cool. We played volleyball with a flat volleyball and ate some yummy chicken, it was nice to be able to say bye to her. Tuesday and Wednesday we painted the Ramirez's living room bright green haha, it ended up being a 2 day project but I ended up doing all of the painting on day 2 sola. I like doing the blue painting tape and the more detailed stuff more than the big rollers so it was fun for me to be able to do it, and they really appreciated it so that was fun. Saturday was transfer calls and my companion and I stayed together here in Covina, so that is good. I was anxious about the call, kind of hoping for a change but of course, fine with whatever. We really are good friends and I love her. Sunday was Ramon's baptism, that is Alejandra’s younger brother so that went really well!!!! yayyyy.

President Pike will be my mission president pretty much my whole mission, he leaves next June I think. I come home Oct.25th (I thought it was the 11th but I was wrong) just FYI.

Our investigators are doing good, this week there was some good progression with commitments etc but a little disappointing again when it came to church attendance- blehhh. It was our first week with no tours which means no new investigators, but thats ok, theres always next week! I am loving teaching. We had a really awesome lesson with Kevin and Davia (Ernesto’s sons) and Kevin said the closing prayer (he is 12) and it was sooo sweet and we were all crying. The spirit was really strong, I love those moments. This week at church I saw Ernesto pass his tithing slip to bishop and that made me so happy to see! Lorenzo also bought a bag for his scriptures so he could bring them to church, they both look so great in their white shirts and tie, I just can’t get over it. Lorenzo is so awesome how he bikes to church, such obedience. The people here are a great example to me, I am learning sooo much and so glad to be where I am having these experiences. I am different, haha, in a good way, this experience really is changing me and it feels really good. I love you guys so much, I really do miss you a lot but I’m excited for Christmas which is coming up soon- phone call home- HOLLLLLLA.

HUGS AND KISSES
Laura.


No comments:

Post a Comment