11.22.2010

Week 26


Everything here is going gooood.

Last p-day we spent a lot of time in arcadia at the mission office again signing up for my comp's tests. I will be spending a lot of time this transfer waiting for my comp to take both the ACT and the TOEFL tests (Dec 3rd and Dec 11th) ready for her school applications. I can't complain- she needs to take them. Monday nights it has become a tradition to have FHE with the Ramirez family so we did that and she always makes us awesome treats. This week we had zone conference and it was pretty good. One of the elders fell backwards in his chair and smashed his head pretty hard cuz he fell straight backwards and apparently it gave him memory loss. The zone leaders went to visit him in the hospital and apparently he didn't remember his name or even that he was a missionary. We saw him the other day and he said it is slowly coming back but that he still doesn't remember anything from his mission! hahaha, I mean it's not funny, but its pretty crazy! At zone conference we got new cell phones, they are super cool but we are struggling to figure out how to use it haha. At lunch they prepared a big thanksgiving dinner for us and President and sister Pike sat with us and the other set of sisters that are in our zone so we had some bonding timeee. Everyone is so formal around them but I am just my normal self so I had them laughing- yay! Sister Pike told me that she is 4 years older than president, they met on a blind date, pretty crazy.

This week I told my comp that I was going to teach her how to shop cheaper so I took her to Marshalls and Ross and my plan backfired as I ended up spending over $100 and she didn't buy a single thing because she doesn't like discount stores haha. I thought it was pretty ironic, the clothes I got are stinking cute though so its all good. At church yesterday the electricity went out and we ended up letting out early- thats never happened to me before so I thought it was pretty cool. First time that I've been glad that some of our investigators didn't come to church. We've had other very successful week, actually it was the best we've had so far. We have an awesome new investigator but her husband couldn't come to tour because he just got out of jail and has an ankle tracker thing- tragic. But we are excited about them. This Sunday we have some awesome baptisms taking place- Blanca and her 4 daughters then our other investigator Fernando- yayyyyy! We are excited and so blessed, I love this work.

As far as my medical issues- I have my doctors appointment this next Monday at 10am so I will have more info then because I seriously don't know what wrong with me. Today we are going to Ramirez's house for lunch with some other missionaries for a BBQ then we are gunna go to some park with the elders and play soccer. Should be fun, except its super cold outside sooo not sure how long we will last at the park.

One of the AP's younger sisters died in a car crash this week and it made me think about you guys and how grateful I am for my wonderful family. I am always praying that you will be kept safe and be watched over. Don't forget how much I love and appreciate you guys. Take care!!!! Laura.

1 comment:

  1. Hi love! Im not sure how this thing works or if I am supposed to comment lol but here I go anyways. I just wanted to say I just read your last blog and am very confused as what you mean by comp but your gonna be a great mommy!!!! I'm going to Spain next semester so hopefully when we both return I can speak spanish to you. I'm sure you are wonderful. You always find the light and laughter in every situation. Love you lots. Pam

    ReplyDelete