11.01.2010

Week 23

Happy Halloweeeennnn!!!! Sounds like the ward trunk or treat was really good, mom and dad I am disappointed in you for not dressing up! haha, even I dressed up (ok not really- me and my companion just switched name tags!). Here we had a ward activity and it was a lot of fun, there were different activities set up but also they got my home boy Adan to DJ and he is a real DJ (thats why he is inactive cuz he DJs Saturday nights then is too tired to come to church) so it was super fun to listen to REAL music haha. Not saying that I hate church music- I like it, I just liked the break from it haha. We are not allowed to dance though, which is probably good since I was the only white girl in a big room of Latinos so that rule probably saved me from humiliation. haha.
Last night for the 31st we went to Alejandra's and we handed out candy to the kids and gave pass along cards to the parents, it was pretty fun. We spend a lot of time with Alejandra, she is so awesome. She is deff my favorite person ever and we have big plans for after the mission- road trip to Utah etc cuz I keep telling her that she is going on a mission and getting married in the temple to a nice little Mormon boy haha, she agrees so life is good. She found out she can gets scriptures on her iPod and she freaked out, she was excited.
Today should be a fun day. This morning we are going with the English sisters that are in a trio (Casperson- the one I went on exchanges with before, Pack- remember the packs from red deer? their niece! small world, it's her first transfer, she is English only, and sister Kunz, who is really quiet I don't really know her) to Little Mexico with the familia Luevano then in the afternoon we are going to Sister Kangs little get together over in Chino where we are gunna have a BBQ and play volleyball- we are taking Alejandra with us as a surprise. So today should be funnnn, hopefully!
Everything is good with our investigators, we were supposed to have 8 people to church yesterday that said they were deff coming and only 1 person showed so I was pretty depressed, but life goes on, the work is going good. My testimony is growing pretty much daily, I am so glad to be here, I had/have a lot to learn so this is a blessing to be put in an environment made to test us and help us grow. I love the gospel, it is perfect and we are so blessed to have it in our lives. I gotta go, HUGS AND KISSES. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment