2.14.2011

Week 38

I am so happy to report that things are going so much better – which I am very pleased about.  Sister Clawson and I get along really well – she has a good heart and a nice person. The work is going well, my assignment from president was to "rebuild the area".... our poor ward has had so much missionary drama these past few transfers.  Elder Franisco got sent home this past week, he only had 2 months left. He was one of my best friends.  So there are two sets of elders on our district and both are white-washing, so I am the only person that was in this area before this transfer.  Its cool because I kind of feel like I know everything so probably I will get transferred next transfer to humble me, haha. Sister Clawsons prediction is that we will stay together another transfer then I will train here in Covina here in April (that’s when 3 Spanish sisters arrive – I am still the last Spanish sister to enter the mission – crazy).  Time will tell.
Zone conference way good by the way, I wore a cardigan from Sister Clawson's closet haha, it was a success.  That is cool that Luke is already in Africa, I mean, Elder Fagg!  I am sure it really is so hot there, Im happy for the moderate climate here in cali!  Sam will appreciate it too!
This weekend we had the valentine's day ward activity which was fun, Edgar and Edgar came (haha junior and senior!) who are still our only investigators but we are working hard to find more people to teach.  This week we did quite a bit of knocking and we found some promising potentials and multiple less active families and made return appointments .  Karla is the coolest less active that we are teaching, she is 23 with 2 kids and she has such a desire to fix her life and have her kids grow up in the gospel.  Every time we teach her it is such a spiritual boost because she just soaks it all up.  I really love this gospel, I am grateful for the experiences I have had thus far in my mission but if nothing else – I am so grateful that I am learning so much about the gospel and myself and that my testimony has had the change to grow so much in such a short period of time.  Everyone should serve a mission, it’s the worst and best of times haha., but in the end its all character building. I love the people we meet.  Im so glad to here in Covina still – this area is the best, I love it.  I am excited for the next chapter in my mission as I feel like it has become a lot more enjoyable and I can now lose myself in the work a lot more, whereas before I was more in a state of survival.... hah, not cool. 
So we have some fun events lined up for today – we are going to a swap meet (the open air ghetto Latino mall haha) because my companion has never been so Hermana Seanee is taking us, then we are eating with our district at king taco.

No comments:

Post a Comment