3.07.2011

Week 41

Tuesday we did a surprise goodbye party for our ex ward mission leader Hermano Palasuelos where we ended up eating lots of yummy food and playing an intense game of Signs – we are addicted. Thursday we had a tour with a lady named Juanita and she asked if she could be baptized before we even invited her – she is super golden – she is the mom of one of the youth who is a member, she said his good example has really touched her – a good example goes a long way! Friday we had an awesome lesson with recent convert Alexi, she amazes me – just so solid, this Sunday her formerly less active husband bore his testimony and got a calling so my heart was just filled with happiness to see such progress in both of them. Wow. Later that night we had a movie night with Blanca and the girls. We brought so much junk food – ice cream, cookies, brownies and popcorn and we watched the new Joseph Smith movie with them – they didn't know we were so persecuted back then and the girls kept saying "What the heck, what was their problem, just let them be Mormons" and "oh my gosh, now why are they taking Joseph Smith to Jail!!??" haha I love it.
On Friday we also got our key stuck in the car and after a 10 minute battle we called the elders to come help and Elder Weenig on his first try got it out and they went on to tell us "its because we're men" (While flexing their muscles of course) haha - pretty classic, I feel like we brought dishonor upon our gender! Haha . Saturday night we had a big dinner at the Remirezs house and Elder Kidd came with his family! It was weird to see him not in missionary clothes – I told him his facial hair looked stupid! Haha he and I were good friends so that was fun to see him. Sunday I taught the class in Relief Society, it was on the Restoration and the spirit was really strong and I really liked teaching it. I stood up and said " since I've been here so long they've assigned me to teach RS" haha.. I love this ward/area – transfers are quickly approaching, transfer calls are Saturday night – if I stay next transfer that means I'll be here for 2 more transfers cause Clawson goes home at the end of next transfers – so it’s a mystery. I'll be happy with literally whatever happens. I'm realizing President doesn’t have a lot of options due to drivers, seniors– so maybe he'll leave all of us. Regardless we need to move, Gloria, the lady we live with, needs to move so we are going to get relocated so we are on the hunt for a new place to live – kind of exciting, I'll keep you posted. The Cardona family were our only investigators to church – they missed sacrament though so I was all depressed that no one came. The work is coming along great, I'm working hard and can see the blessings and the happiness it is bringing to my life. Today we are going with the Luevanos to a place called "Huntington Library" (maybe google it) which is supposed to be really cool – big old mansion with a bunch of history and really cool gardens. It opens at 12 – so we are planning on passing all of pday there. We get to go to the temple next transfers so I am excited for that. Overall life is great and I am loving being a missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment