3.28.2011

Week 44

Hey hey hey!!!
Mom thanks for forwarding Ethan and Lukes emails- they look like they are doing really well which is so awesome. The mission helps you grow up soooo Im happy for anyone that makes the right decision to get their butt on a mission. Its changed me so much, that is for sure, Im still cool tho, I think haha.
Eveything here is going good, today I have a doctors appointment, I am going to be asking for stronger medicine- the Plaquinil (sp?) is good and has helped but I am still pretty sore a lot of the time so I hope that it will all work out well. This past week we were able to teach some really awesome lessons, Hermano Luevano and I had a serious heart to heart last night and I was just asking him the most direct inspired questions and at the end I was like, "Hermano you need to come back to church" and he was like, "I know" and he just sat there thinking, it was cool, he has been through the temple and everything but the church burnt him out with callings etc.. I just dont know how you can receive so much spiritual truth and turn away from it, all the less actives I see know that their lives would be better with the gospel but the obstacles (and dont get me wrong- a lot of them have very big obstacles) keep them from making the changes that would make their quality of life so much better. It is frustrating to know what is best for someone and them not do it... freaking agency! haha.
Juanita was supposed to come to get baptized this coming Sunday but she didnt come to church.. so tragic. Yesterday we had Marcos Castillo's baptism which was a great success! He is Andrea's son (she was my first baptism back last year). The work is coming along, the Cardona family are progressing well but slowly because they talk soo stinkin much. We will be talking abut faith then Alfredo pulls up a random funny youtube video in his ipod touch...haha its funny but annoying, but they are awesome and will get baptized pronto.
Sorry I dont have more time, we need to head to Glendale to the doctors then we are going to that cool mall 'Americana' and meeting up with Hermana Herrera and Hermana Ence there... Should be fun, love you guys!!!! XOXOXOXO. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment