7.05.2011

Week 58

Soooo guess what!? My life has been flipped upside down this week! First I would like to reassure you guys: I am fine! But for this whole transfer I have been feeling progressively worse regarding those migraines and just feeling whipppped out, specifically the past few weeks. I am doing good, happy, etc but the demands of my mission and my health situation have been leaving me feeling unsure about my ability to continue. Crazy right? I know, I deff did not think that would be a consideration, but I have been feeling really unsettled about the whole thing then recently I was praying really hard to know what in the world I am supposed to do and I feel very strongly that for some weird reason the answer may be to come home. I want to stay here, but I feel that coming home is the right thing to do. I am fine, its just that since being on my mission I have allowed myself no breaks, I think that the stress of my not being able to stop ever has taken its toll. I like to do things 100%, I could stay but I dont feel like right this moment I have the capacity to do everything the way I would like to. So yeah!. So last Monday I went to the doctor and it turns out I do have lupus! Which I am completely fine with, 1. because God is in control and 2. because I really dont know much about it to worry over! haha. So yesterday I talked to president and he asked if I would wait till transfers I said yes but I have pasted my email with him below so you can see what I wrote him... So yes- my life is crazy! haha. Dont call the office or anything, I will call you when its appropriate. Sooo I am super sad (like emotional breakdown sad) at the prospect of leaving the mission, I really am not "ready" to be done, but if there is one thing I have learned on my mission is the importance of trusting in God. I am very happy to know that I will get to see my lovely parents so soon and that I will have some down time to slow down my life for a little bit. So be happy and dont be sad or worried! I am not worried about any of it, I just want to sleep for 5845983 years hahaha. just kidding.So this week had some really good parts, specifically Jose is progressing so well and has his baptism this Sunday! Hopefully I will be there for it!? He needs an interview with President because he has been to jail twice and recently got off probation- we are hoping he hasnt killed anyone so that there is no hold up on his baptism. Sister Love has been heaven sent throughout this whole thing, I keep reassuring her that I have cried more this transfer than all my other transfers put together hahaha. Hopefully she believes me. No one in the mission knows what going on besides her. I guess another sister went home this week for knee problems so I guess I feel better knowing Im not a total wuss!? So I havent met our new president yet, on Thursday we meet him. We all feel weird like we dont have a mission president right now cuz Pike left and now we are in limbo haha. He seems nice from the call I had with him. He is no Pike though! President Pike is unlike any other person I have ever met, I swear that he and his wife will be translated some time soon! I feel grateful his having been able to serve in this mission, he is a shining example to me and will always be someone I hold in the highest esteem. I cant believe this chapter of my life is coming to a close so quickly, not what I expected... life is full of surprises! Well I better go, I will be in touch Email to President:This week was a good week, we were able to have Sean and Christian confirmed and the ward was really happy that they were able to become members of the church because the grandma has been praying for a long time for that to happen. We were able to teach Jose, our investigator who will be baptized on Sunday, some really awesome lessons. He has successfully completely quit smoking and told us that the smell of cigarettes now offends him and he has no desire to do it again. He is such a shining example of obedience and we are excited for him to be baptized as he has invited his whole family and is hoping that he will set the example. Miguel and Martin also came to church, they are progressing but we found out yesterday that Martin moved out of our area so we need to pass him off to Pomona elders, sad for us but good for them! The area is progressing well but we are in need of new investigators, which will be the main focus of this area for the next few weeks.In my studies I have been focusing on lesson three and really have enjoyed furthering my understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am starting to understand more and more that repentance is the continual process of becoming more and more like our Heavenly Father.
I wanted to talk to you about my current health issue. I recently found out I have lupus, I have been feeling very poorly for quite a while but this transfer has become increasingly difficult for me as I get debilitating migraines . It has got to a point where I feel like it will be better for me to swallow my pride and head home 3 months earlier than expected. This is the opposite of what I want, but I have been praying about it and feel comforted to know that this is the right decision for me at this time. You asked if I could wait 2 weeks, I will do whatever is in the best interest of the mission . I am very grateful to be a missionary, I love this gospel with all my heart and feel grateful for the time I have spent here in the mission. I am sorry this is occurring right as you arrive but I am grateful for your time and excited for you and your family in this new chapter in your lives! Take care-Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment