7.11.2011

Week 59

I wish I could fix any doubt or concern that you may have! Out of this whole weird situation I am super happy because I feel very good about ending strong and finishing to the end. Enduring to the end.. its better this way so thank you for your support and awesomeness all around! So this week has been interesting. This week Tuesday was pday but I was not feeling good so I slept the whole day basically. Feeling like you are wasting the Lord's time is so not fun which was the main reason I was considering coming home, until that awesome talk I had with President Becerra on Thursday which obviously changed my mind since I am still a missionary! haha. He is great. President Pike told me that as soon as I am not out the door when I am supposed to be that I should be going home, which was a big factor in my decision, then on Thursday when I talked to President Becerra he was so set on having me stay and it gave me renewed desire to be here. Not that I wanted to leave but I didnt want to hinder the work. He said some really complimentary things, cool thing is when he came and asked me my name when he first arrived for the welcome meeting (cuz he went around and shook everyones hands and asked their names and where they were from) and of course, my hair was in front of my name tag and I moved it and he goes, "oh sister christian! I have seen your stats, you are a hard worker!" haha, so of course the quickest way to a womans heart is with a compliment soooo I thought he was fabulous from the get go, haha. After the meeting I asked to talk to him and basically we sat down and he said, "I know about you, you are not going home, I need you here!" haha, he might have just been trying to build me up because it was obvious that I was feeling broken down, but regardless it was nice and the rest of our conversation was equally beneficial for me. So basically he didnt really give me an option haha, but yeah I am happy to be here. I feel kind of stupid about causing unnecessary concern at home, I have been very hush hush about things because I dont want to bore you with the negative details, but I guess everything happens for a reason. Next subject...the remainder of the week was great! Jose got baptized yesterday!!!!! hooraryyyy! He is a miracle, he came to church in his new suit that he bought the day before, quite a transformation! He is so cool and I just love him! on Thursday I taught Alexi how to knit hahaa, I didnt even know that I remembered how but she had the needles and said she wanted to learn and I remembered from good ol' mutual! I love having her and Oscar in the ward, they are so cool. I keep talking to them about getting sealed in December and I will deff go for that! Especially because she will have her baby in November, that will be so cool! So this coming Saturday we have transfer calls! dun dun dunnnn. Im 98% sure that I will be training again so that will be super fun! Hopefully she is cool!? Ill keep you posted! Well life is good here! I am feeling good!

Presidents Email...President Becerra, Yesterday we were able to have the baptism of Jose and it turned out great! The spirit was so strong and he actually surprised us by crying before he went into the font, he is an ex-gang member and has made a huge turn around in the short amount of time that we have been teaching him, it has been a miracle as we only started teaching him a month ago. That has been the highlight of the week and the ward was very excited because he got up and bore his testimony afterwards and you could tell he really wants to do Gods will and will be a great contribution to the ward. Other than that, the beginning of the week was rough for me but the remainder of the week we have been trying to make up for lost time. We were able to teach some great lessons but very sad to have Martin leave our area as we were planning to set him with a baptismal date at our next lesson (as he has hesitated in the past to set a date). We need to find like crazy this week. Miguel is our other investigator who was out of town therefore missed church so we need to hit the street and find new investigators, we have some good potentials and excited to see the fruits! This week I have been studying a lot in chapter one, my purpose, why it is that I am here. I feel a renewed desire for the work after having my mind previously set that I should go home. I am excited to finish strong. I have thought about the altered schedule and have decided that it will not be necessary, just like anyone else, if I do not feel well I will call Sister Becerra and ask for permission to stay in, I am thinking that I will take advantage of lunch and dinner times by taking the full hour and Im sure that will be sufficient. I am grateful for the talk I was able to have with you, I love being a missionary and grateful for every minute I have here in the mission. I hope you and your family are feeling welcome here, we are happy to have you! Thanks, Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment