7.18.2011

Week 60

This past week flewwww by! The mission has been flying before my eyes these past two transfers. So my prediction was correct! I get to train again this transfer! So today I am with the other 2 sisters that are training then tomorrow we will get our trainees! woot woooot. Hopefully mine is cool... its a gamble! Regardless I will love her. I saw Hermana Herrera today as she is leaving, I dont know how to explain it but I get so excited and happy to see her, we were catching up and Im happy for her. We had 6 sisters leave today (well they technically leave tomorrow) so that is pretty crazy. The mission is changing a lot. President Becerra is sooo cool. He called me to say that he had received a letter from my parents, he is very involved on an individual basis with his missionaries which is really nice. He dissolved senior and junior companions... you are now use companions, I think that is cool. Because really the title doesnt mean anything because its always just the dominant personality that gets their way anyway (yes- I am speaking from personal experience! haha). So tomorrow I get my new comp then Wednesday we have new missionary orientation all day which will be fun. Then to work!
This past week we had a big dinner at Jose's house where his mom taught us to make pupusas (de el salvador). She was impressed with how round and flat I could get mine, she kept saying that I must have some latina blood in me... Ironic since European is quite the opposite of latinos. haha. Friday we finally had our fathers day ward activity, it was a luau. It was postponed cuz an hermana died and we had her funeral when the activity was scheduled. So I wore a grass skirt hahaha, (over my missionary skirt obviously) and I loved it. Sunday Jose got confirmed. He is soooo cool, we called him in the morning and he had to have his mom talk to me on the phone because he had lost his voice so she said he was sick so I was like, "oh no so he isnt coming to church!?" and she said, "oh no he is still coming!"... he is so solid, he was looking pretty sick but there he was in his suit and tie. After church bishop told him he was going to be called as a ward missionary and told him to stay for the preach my gospel class, so he stayed for the class. We joked with him that this is a church that will "put you to work," he is quickly finding out the reality of that statement. I am so happy to be here, I am feeling great. I am having divine help and I feel deeply grateful for all the blessings I have received from serving a mission. This is the best decision of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment