7.25.2011

Week 61

Helllllllllo. So my new companion is Hermana Mulitalo, my lovely new samoan compppyyy. She is from West Valley UT and she brings out the ghetto side in me hahah. We have a lot in common but are very different at the same time. I dont think this transfer will be a breeze but I think we will have a good time and do work- so thats all that matters. Right now we are findddding all da timeee. Its good because I am training so she doesnt know any different hahaha. I guess I get to train next transfer too so that will be cool to get to do it multiple times! Tuesday she arrived, Wednesday was new missionary orientation. It really hasnt been too eventful around here, I am feeling great and enjoying missionary life. Really excited for Sam to be heading out tomorrow for the field!!!! He is gunna be sooo awesome. Hopefully he trainer is legit, and if not he will get very well acquainted with the Christlife attributes section in preach my gospel!!! haha. Welp I sent a pic of me and my trainee and the other one is from last pday where we met with some other missionaries to play soccer.. I forgot shoes but actually played pretty well! And thats my custom made shirt that Im wearing that says Arcadia mission on the front and hermana christian on the back! legggggittttt. Welp this week we have interviews with president, should be good!? Ill keep you informed!

Presidents email...
Presidente Becerra,
This was an alright week. We didnt really get to work in our area and have a normal day until Thursday because of the trainings but I feel good that my companion has met everyone we work with and can now be more of a contributor in planning etc. We found one lady while street contacting who we found out had been taught in the past, we had a lesson with her and she says she knows the church is true but she feels very tied to her church that she is currently attending. Basically she is confused, the member we took with us was really awesome and said that God had sent her missionaries in the past and now He is sending them again so she should take that as a sign. We will see what happens with her. Miguel didnt come to church because he was embarrassed because he had gone out drinking the night before and feeling hung over. I feel somewhat confused by him because he has the desire to change and says that he knows something is missing but I think he is too scared to change his life style. We were able to dedicate quite a lot of time to finding which is what we really need to do right now. I want the Lord to see that we are doing out part so that He will put some new people to teach in our path. We did street contact a cute young family that we have an appointment tonight, they said they were being taught by missionaries when they lived in LA so it will be exciting to see what happens at our appointment.
As far as Hermana Mulitalo and her adjusting to the mission all seems to be going really well. I am excited to have this opportunity to serve with her and anxious to see how we can improve our area this transfer by bringing more people into the waters of baptism. The language is a struggle but all in due time she will become more capable and enjoy the mission more and more. Thank you for all your do. -Hermana Christian.

1 comment:

  1. Hola :)
    my name is Berlin Mulitalo, Hermana Mulitalo's is my neice...came across your blog on-line , what an awesome blog...hope the mission is going well for you. Sister Mulitalo loves it out there and says her time on the mission is going by way to fast. Glad she has such wonderful companions to accompany her on this journey as a missionary serving the lord. Take care & wish all the best :)

    Berlin Mulitalo :)

    ReplyDelete