8.02.2010

Week 10!!

Wow- what a busy and exciting weekend! I'm glad to hear that the reception went well, I am extremely excited to get those pix in the mail and to receive pix in the future of the actual wedding day and reception in Oregon. Tomorrow Emily heads to the temple- whooaaa. I should have been more open minded when I went for the first time so that would probably be my advice. The second time I prayed while I was in there and asked, "is this legit?"... turns out it is! the spirit was really strong and it all makes sense from the small amount of temple attendance I have had thus far, it will be nice to go more after the mission, and like emily said- it's nice to go to temple and be able to come out without wet hair! That's cool that the house was so busy and that people wee helping out- . Dad sorry about your toe but it sounds like the patio has turned out awesome so it was totally worth it!

As for me, all is well here in Covina. I had my first companion exchange this week so it was me and Sister Beazer (she is from Cardston, Canada and knows Kayleigh Quinton- small world), so it was the 2 junior comps together in my area so I was senior for the day and it was pretty cool slash a little stressful. Every single appointment we had for the day fell through- even dinner and even our backup plans haha, soooo we said lots of prayers and it turned out to be a good day and a nice breather, I like being in charge so it was good. There are only 2 weeks left of this transfer so we will see what happens on the 16th. We had president interviews this week also and that will be the last one till 3 transfers from now which I guess is a new thing in all missions so it's not just here. It was good, brief, and we got our new DVD player that we haven't used yet.

This week was pretty slow but we had 6 people attend sacrament meeting this week which is good. We just had a very cool experience a few hours ago, we have been having a hard time getting hold of Cecilia this week then she called us this morning and said she wanted to meet with us so we met her at the church at 8am and she has a lot of family and life problems but she has been so wonderful and received an answer to her prayers that the Book of Mormon is true etc but she has had to make some changes and this morning after talking about her problems it went quiet and she goes, "I want to be baptized".... YAY! So we didn't even have to ask- she did it for us. So hopefully Juan will get baptized this Sunday and Cecilia on the 15th. Cecilia is a mother of 2 little kids and her husband Alberto is really cool but not as proactive- but he will get baptized too, just a little later. So yay! I really love them, they are one of my favorites. We are teaching a lot of people but a lot are not progressing very well so we were talking about how we may need to drop people to find other people that are ready- we will wait and see what feels right. I love the people though, I have become very close with quite a few people in the ward and they are so wonderful. I will probably always stay in Spanish wards in the future- they need the help and I like the feel better, no offense to you gringos haha. We went to a primary activity on Saturday to help out, we didn't end up helping at all but we did eat all the food haha. There are new eating rules too, you are only allowed to eat with you and your comp at a house, like 2 sets of missionaries can't eat together with members. We already weren't allowed to eat with Elders but now it has got more strict, so that's interesting.

We met a mind reader this week and she told me everything I have been thinking and worrying about so that was super crazy. Cool but weird. I have been writing poems because I have a lot of things (both good and bad) built up and I need a constructive way to get them out. Some are pretty funny, I'll show you after my mission, reminded me of those children's books I wrote haha, I am a loser.

I miss you guys but its good because I am pretty used to being away from home. The lack of communication is the real bummer buttt, everything has its purpose so it's all good. Sad to miss all of the exciting events in Emily's life right now but we've got a lifetime to catch up so no worries there. My skin smells like mom, that's random but for real, I noticed it when I was in Chile but I don't know if I ever told you- when I smell my skin it makes me think of mom haha, creepy maybe? I like it though. Everything is good here, today we are headed to Korean market and to run all the other errands that we need to get done on Pday. Take care and enjoy your time in Portland! Much love yoo. Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment