8.09.2010

Week 11

Hola Familia!

How is everyone? From the skimming I just did of the emails recieved it seems like everything is going good and you are all ready for the big event! wooowww. So this Saturday is almost here! I announced that Emily is getting married in good news minute in relief society and they were all like, "woww" then they were like, "oh no! you wont be there" haha, tragic. When I said it was my little sister they felt even worse for me hahaha, I told them "no hard feelings." So even though mom was falling asleep at the temple I am excited to read emilys email and hear how that went for her, hopefully it was awesome! Glad the bridal shower was fun, Im sure Ashley and Jenna did a great job, they know how to throw a party. Tell Sarah & Les and David & Jane that I say hello, Im excied to hear how your west coast vacation goes when you get internet access.

This week I learned to make empanadas, its such a long process, I now know why people dont like to make things from scracth, sooo time consuming. President Pike forgot about the baptisimal interview with Juan so we have to wait another week, its all good though. While we were waiting for him to come I called this number for a paper that Juan wanted me to translate but it was confusing cuz it was a legal document so I called the number thinking it was no big deal and accidentally got caught up in a criminal investigation of Juans cousin haha, who is one of our investigators, and President Pike was not very impressed when we called him asking what we should do haha, ooopppppss.

Sister Kang got into BYU so we celebrated by buying ice cream then that night Juans interview fell through so we were depressed so we bought ice cream, the next day we went to In-N-Out to celebrate my 3 months in the mission and sister kang's 3 months left in the mission. We were laughing because we were saying that we are gunna get fat if we keep using food as our reward.

We had comp exchanges on Thursday so I was with Sister Casperson in Chino and we had a super good time together, she is legit and we are a lot alike, deff a cool hermana. We stayed up way too later talking and I was struggling the next day. I got to drive so I liked it, next transfer if I stay with Sister Kang I get to drive so that will be good (she they arent allowed to drive their last 2 transfers of the mish). We are headed to Sister Pike's house today for a lunch with other sister missionaries, I will be on my best behavior, dont worry haha.

The work is deff coming along, people are progressing slowly but this week we gave 3 tours so we got 4 new investigators, which is good. I always quote that part from the movie 'the notebook' where he yells at the girl and says, "get in the water!"... thats what I want to yell at people when we show them the baptisimal font on the tour haha.

Gotta go, love and miss you guys tonssss. BESITOS. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment