8.16.2010

Week 12

Hey Family! Whats up!? Im sure this has been a very eventful and crazy weekend! Wow- Emily is married huh!? Like, she has a husband! what the heck! My computer crashed as I have been trying to transfer all my pix to a flash drive cuz I almost accidentally deleted all my pix this week so I really wanted to do that, but the comp couldnt handle it. I am veryyyyy excited to read these emails!!! I am sure everything was great so it makes me happy that you could have some good family time while celebrating this crazy new beginning in Emily's life. I loveddd the pix from the reception in baltimore, the patio is RADDD. Dad you are a miracle worker, it looks so awesome! I am really excited to relax there in October... oh shoot, it will probably be cold by then... oh well we can all squash on the hammock with a blanket! yay!


I dont have much time sadly because of technical difficulties but this week was super awesome. Juan got baptized yesterday!!!!!!! I cried like a little girl. I have never cried so much in my entire life in comparison to how much I cry here in the mission, haha not sad tears, dont worry. He bore his testimony and he was really complementary to Sister Kang and I and it was really touching for us, we sang a childs prayer and he was crying haha, it was a good emotional/happy event.

Highlights: last p-day all the sisters went and had lunch with Sister Pike at the mission home and it was pretty cool. It was pretty formal and quiet so it wasnt a blast or anything but the food was good.

We taught Cecilia and her family ten commandments this week and it was hilarious because Alberto, her husband, goes, "is it stealing to change the price tags on things so they are cheaper?" maybe you had to be there but we were like "uh, yeah, duhhh" haha they are such a cool family.


All of our new investigators dont speak spanish very well cuz they all speak their native dialect Chimenteco (I dont know how to spell it), we are trying to find ways to use more visual aids as they are struggling to grasp what we are trying to share. Transfer calls came saturday night and Sister Kang and I will be embarking on our third transfer together here in Covina. I am happy as I LOVE this area and dont ever want to leave.

Plus Sister Kang and I are tight so Im happy to spend another transfer with her as we have become good friends over these past few months. I am now driving as it is her second to last transfer so shes not allowed to drive, starting today, Im happy as her driving was a sources of my tested patience haha. Transfer calls were fun, we have coordination so we are all together as a district for calls (our district leader is the only one leaving and apparently the new guy coming is super strict so we are all a little anxious about what we've heard about him as we all get along really well).
I love and miss you guys tons. Take care. Laura.








No comments:

Post a Comment