12.20.2010

Week 30


So this week on pday we went to this nice mall called la Americana cuz it was next to my doctors appointment. My comp spent $628 haha, I spent $8.34 hahah. We had a good time walking around etc so that was nice. Today for p-day its gunna be an errand day cuz we need to go to the office then get our wheels replaced and aligned soo thats fun!?

This week it has rained non-stop.. and it is still raining- ew. Funny thing happened we got a call from one of Glorias friends (the old lady we live with) telling us that she was worried about her cuz she hadn't answered her calls and didn't show up to a meeting etc so she told us to go home and check on her so we did and we were all worried that she was dead. We went in the room and yelled her name and she was just lying there all dead looking then the lady on the phone said we had to shake her, I was laughing cuz it was so ridiculous and we were scared she was dead, luckily- she was alive but we scared her half to death from shaking her hahaha. This week we also got to attend a wedding on Saturday night- it was fun to be able to go and we helped with decorations for the majority of the day too so of course I was in my element. Sunday was the highlight of the week as we had the baptism of Alexi and also Kevin finally got baptized. It was a spiritual boost for sure cuz it was really just a special service and they are such special people. Alexi didn't get submerged till round 6 haha butttt... she got in there finally so it was legit, her and I hugged when she got out of the water and we were both crying- loved it. I later got even more wet as the plug would not come out so I had to get in the font and bent down to unplug it haha, not really sure why I didn't make one of the elders do it but hey!

As far as transfers go we are all here to stay. Our whole District stayed the same so hermana herrera and I are about to embark upon another 6 week adventure together here in Covina- Im happy about it and feeling good about this new transfer. On the down side- we neeeed new investigators so we have alot of finding ahead of us which the rain makes tough. I wanna send pix so I'm gunna end here. Meerrrrry Christmassss! Love Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment