12.27.2010

Week 31

So can I please emphasis how happy I was to be able to talk to my lovely family this Saturday!? It was so nice to chat and hear your voices and have an actual conversation, even if there was a time limit of 40 mins. My companion was like, "what did you guys talk about!?" and I was like, "nothing really, just enjoyed the chat!" and I mentioned that mother dear had a hard time keeping it together haha. Its nice to know that I am missed though, but also nice to know that you had a great Christmas even though 2 of the gang were missing (well I guess 3 if we count Don… still not really sure if he is included hahaha).

So for Christmas nothing too awesome happened, after the phone call it went to just being a normal day as the Latinos celebrate it the 24th so the 24th I was busy telling them that Christmas isn’t till the following day then the 25th I was mourning because I was too focused on it being on the 25th that I missed the festivities the previous day haha. But such is lifeeee. It was good though, I am officially pro at making tamales so prepare yourselves for when I get home! We literally went from house to house helping the moms make the tamales- that’s my kind of service! I feel like I don’t have much to report as I just talked to you 2 days ago but everything is going good here. On Sunday when we were knocking we met some really awesome promising future investigators, it seemed like every door we knocked was so nice- the Christmas spirit hit them I guess. These one people we said that we were missionaries and they invited us in, offered us food then left with a Christmas present haha, that’s my kind of tracting. So yeah, life is good, need new investigators but this is almost 100% deff my last transfer here in Covina so I wanna make the most of it. Today we have zone activity, people never really go to them cuz they aren’t fun haha, but we are gunna go today and see if anyone comes. Not sure why our mission is so boring buttttt I guess its helping me to make my own fun, which trust me I am doing! Well this is short but I love you guys, miss you tons, looking forward to mothers day and hope that you have a very happy new year- yay for 2011, it’s gunna be a great year! Love Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment