1.17.2011

Week 34

Hey guys, so I had some awesome reading to do while I was waiting for my companion at the doctors. Actually I didnt really get to read them all there because I started talking to this elderly who are originally from Scotland and we got talking about the Isle of Mann as the lady spent all of her summers there growing up- so it was cool, we discussed Douglas beach, the laxey wheel and the fairy bridge, a those are all the landmarks that came to my mind on the spot haha, small world.

I heard that the Ravens lost to the Steelers- funny story actually, I was picking up pizza and there was a guy with a Steelers jersey and I said, "did the Steelers or the Ravens win?"... turns out he was deaf so I pointed at his jersey and did a thumbs up then a thumbs down then shrugged my shoulders so he knew it was a question.. he responded by pointing at his jersey and doing a victory dance haha... tragic for the Ravens.

Whats been going on this week? First, I tried to make banana bread for the first time- turns out that splenda and sugar are not the same thing! haha who knew!? So that was an ultimate fail haha, better luck next time. The other night I got a call from one of my favorite people, Elder Quintero singing me happy birthday- he was embarrassed to find out that he was off by about 2 weeks haha. He was in my district a few transfers ago and now serving elsewhere so it made me feel special regardless. Yesterday we had Stake conference so that was fun, Covina is the stake building so it was cool to see so many people there. There was a baptism after and as always I am the designated music conductor haha, it makes me laugh that they still haven’t noticed that I do it totally wrong haha. Our mission is all involved with the new mormon.org campaign- the church has a goal for getting 100,000 profiles made by the end of this year so you guys should go on there and do that. We get to go in the mornings to spend time to play around and familiarize ourselves with the website so thats fun, We have cool new pass along cards too- are they doing that in Baltimore? I found out that the next Spanish sisters coming in will be when we have transfers in April (I am still the last to come)- there are 3 Spanish sisters coming then so that will be cool. I am not sure what President is gunna do with me when we have transfers since I am senior yet the youngest- maybe Ill go back to junior haha, that would be funny/tragic but I really don’t mind whatever happens. We have interviews in our apartments this week with President and Sister pike- in my presidents letter I wrote and said that I was excited for interviews but that it will be the first time this transfer Ill be making my bed haha, I am always putting stupid stuff in my emails just to keep him on edge haha. Not sure if he loves it- he is very serious haha, but it makes me laugh so its worth it. Yep thats about everything going on with me I guess. I love and miss you guys, hope you have a great week!!! hugs and kisses. Laura.

No comments:

Post a Comment