1.10.2011

Week 33

Something I was thinking about this Sunday was how cool it is that I've been able to stay in his area for so long and see the converts I was able to teach progress. Lorenzo is in charge of all the attendance sheets for Sunday school and he is such a simple humble guy so its cute to see him organizing the sheets for each class and putting them on the clip boards- he takes his responsibility so seriously, he literally melts my heart. Ernesto is 2nd councilor in the young mens. Those 2 are getting the Melchizedek priesthood this coming Sunday as we are going to be having stake conference! Blanca and her girls are awesome and Alexi and Oscar are set on getting married in the temple and I promised them I will be there for that- road trip after the mission! Its been a real blessing for me to get to know these people and see them better themselves by accepting the gospel. I love it.

Oh scary story. Manuela Silva is a lady I love very much, shes got a few screws lose but shes so nice. She recently kicked her crazy abusive boyfriend out of her apartment, he threatened to kill her etc. Yesterday we were at her house and he came and was pounding on the door, we told her not to answer but he kept knocking so she finally opened the door and went and talked to him outside while we were looking at the window all worried. Everything worked out ok, she came back in the house after a yelling match then locked the door, it took a while but he finally left. It made me grateful for always having such a stable home life. The more she tells us about her life the more grateful I am that I was born into a loving home and given so many opportunities and blessings. A lot of people dont have that- its sad to hear some of the things these people go through but its deff a good learning experience.

Overall the mission is super duper tough haha, for me personally I feel like it has deff pushed me to my limits and some days I very seriously just want to steal the car, drive to the airport and fly home haha, but its great- it feels good to be where you know you are supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment