8.01.2011

Week 62

So this week has been super fun. We celebrated Elder Rusts birthday and gave him a bunch of random junk we found in our apartment for a birthday present hahaha, it was pretty funny. We gave him a water gun which was a bad idea because I ended up getting soaaaaked, haha. On Saturday the elders told us that we were gunna go do service for the Sazo family so we go thinking that we were going to help them do yard work... we soon found out that it was not for service at all. So hermano sazo has this tradition of getting missionaries "baptized by the Sazo-docio" (sacerdocio in spanish is Priesthood)... so basically what that means is... he pushed us all into the pool! Not good! The work is really coming along, we have a GOLDEN new family that we are teaching... oh my gosh they are so cool! I wrote about them in my presidents letter. Sadly this week I found out that Miguel, 26, that we have been teaching for a while, has like a major crush on me... he called at like 10 the other night and hermana mulitalo answered and he asked to talk to me and he was like, "urr... I want to tell you something but I dont think I should" and I said, "well them probably you shouldn't" (not really knowing what he might say) and then he talked for like 10 minutes about how he has been praying for a good woman to come into his life etc etc... I had to nicely shut him down.. I was so sad though, you really become invested in your investigators and it just really took me by surprise.. gaaaa. Boys are so dumb. Then he came to church yesterday and I had to give a talk so I felt all weird up on the stand and after he gave me a present... oh deary me. Its all good though, obviously we are done teaching him. weirdddd. We had interviews with president, me and president Becerra talked for about 10 minutes, the more time I spend with him the more I like him. And guess what!? He goes, I promise I dont say this to everyone.. you are Sister Becerra and I's favorite! But dont tell anyone because I dont think we are supposed to have favorites! haha. Maybe he does say that to other people too but regardless it was nice. So life is good, sending some pix your way. Me and my comp are good, a few quirks are taking some patience. haha, she is super nice and cool but really slow moving, and she is always talking about what we are going to eat, its cute because she wants to make us meals but not cool because a lot of the time I dont want such big thought-out meals... not trying to put on weight right before I come home! haha. She is great though, I just like when people do things by their own initiative not just because I am making them/asking them to do stuff. But its hard to be a new missionary so its all good and I am happy with her. Today we are going to go play soccer in Covina with my crewwww. haha. We have kind of a click in the mission hahaha. It will be super fun though because I get to see Elder Kohler and Smith de Covina, they are still together so we will playyyy. Presidents letter... President! This was a really great week for us because we were able to have some really promising new investigators. After visiting the Nestor family sooo many times (part member family) we finally got to meet and teach their 2 sons that are not baptized. We were so sure they were going to come to church, we even took them bagels on Saturday night so they could have a quick breakfast, but they didnt come, disappointing because it is just the mom who needs to decide to get them up and off to church and she says they will come then they dont. We also received an awesome member referral, Hermano Montanez called us and said, "I have an awesome family for you to give tour to!" We were excited and now that we have met them we are even more stoked, they are golden! We set them for the 21st of August for their baptismal date and I am excited to see them progress towards that goal. They couldnt come to church because they had a family obligation but we were able to meet with them last night and watch the restoration DVD and I asked them if they thought Joseph Smith was a prophet and they both said yes but that they need to study more, they are awesome! They have 2 young kids, ages 6 and 5 you have to come to their baptism! Sadly this week our investigator Miguel that we have been teaching for about 2 months confessed his love to me! yikes! So he came to church on Sunday but I didnt make it awkward but we are dropping him or possibly passing him over to the elders depending on whether or not he gets a hold of us this week. I was pretty upset but it will all blow over. Overall I am loving my area, excited to see what comes of these new investigators and to continue to find new people this week, we have some promising potentials. Hermano Mulitalo is doing really well, she struggles with being self-motivated which is a little bit of a trial, I am trying to help her love tracting but I am not really succeeding. It will all come with time though and we are in high spirits and excited for the new week. Thank you for interviews this week, thanks for all you do! Hermana Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment