8.22.2011

Week 65

So this week flewwwww by! Its crazy! I dont even know what we did! haha. So Monday we went to Chinatown and Little Mexico, I was pleased just because I bought some cool stuff in China town! That night we had FHE with the Ramirez family which was awesome because they ordered Churchs chicken (comparable to KFC but a lot more delicious). On Wednesdays we always volunteer at the local adults school and help with the English class, since it was the end of the semester they surprised us and all brought food and we had a pot luck, its so diverse here so you can imagine that there were all types of different things- some looking more appetizing then others! I have become good friends with a lady named Debra and she is from China, I mentioned to her that I would love to go and teach English there and she got so excited and wrote down all of her information for me and told me that she would take me everywhere (she is moving back to mainland china at the end of the year). So thats cool! Another thing came up- there is a Mormon grade school down in Mexico City and I got talking to a member about it who went there for school and she was saying that you can go there and you are assigned as the mom of a group of kids and its a job that apparently pays pretty well, the catch is you have to be married haha, but yeah, lots of cool things catching my attention, making me think that I just want to be a gypsy for the rest of my life! How does that sound!? So Elder Rust leaves at the end of this week, so that will be tragic, he is my district leader. He keeps being like, Sister Christian- what am I going to do with myself after the mission!? haha apparently he is having some kind of inner crisis, I am not much help obviously because I dont even know what I am going to do with myself, let alone give someone else advice! haha. This week I have planned a surprise baby shower for Alexi, she is my favorite person of my whole mission, its cool because Ive been with her foreverrrr. So yesterday we were sitting in Relief society and she is now 7 months along and her baby started kicking in her belly and she grabbed my hand and put it on her stomach and it like karate chopped me, not sure why but it was the coolest thing ever and I may have shed a tear or two haha. Alexi is super emotional and her excitement about being pregnant is contagious and thats why I am so happy and excited for her. Soooo this email is random because missionaries keep coming over and talking to me ahhh- distracted! I wrote my presidents letter in Spanish so I am not copying it on here haha, this week we have a language conference- first time Ive ever heard of such a thing so I wrote it in Spanish. Learning a language in the states is tough, only the diligent missionaries reallllly speak it. Sam is diligent luckily so he will have it under control in no time. Life is good, Im feeling healthy, happy and anxious for transfers! Saturday night is the call. Today we are going to swap meet and then playing volleyball at the church. I tried to instill in my companion that P-day is a holy sacred day... but she is now taking it further than me and when I planned to eat lunch today around 1 she said, we cant waste valuable pday time eating! hahahah. I am excited for a change because home girl Mulitalo is fattening me up! Too much food!!!! haha. I didnt think that statement would ever come from my lips but yeaaah Imma be starting the 6 week weight loss plan next Monday hahaha. jk, I look the same, blessed with a fast metabolism! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment