8.15.2011

Week 64

This week I am gunna send a bunch of pix because those are more exciting than my explanations on the week! haha. It was a good week though. The Buddhist temple on Monday was fun, then we went to the driving range where I got my golfff on hahaha. not really- I found out that the skills I once had from the 'discovery canyon' days are long gone hahah. Not surprising though since that was so long ago! After that my comp and I had to wait for the elders to play basketball and luckily someone brought a volleyball and she played in high school so we got super into it and I dont think Ive ever sweat so much hahaha. We loved it and are planning on buying a ball for morning exercises since running is suppper not fun haha. So today was interesting as we went with other sisters downtown to plazita olvera and china town- we just got back to our area and p-day is supposed to be over at 6 and we have done nothing. I dont want to be rude but sisters are soooo hard to be with sometimes haha. They all want to do different things and all catty. There were some really contentious remarks made today (there were some sisters there that were in a trio and did not get along) so that made it a lot less fun. Patience is something I always thought I lacked but in comparison to what I saw today I guess I am doing great! haha. That MUST be something acquired in the mission because I am aware that I was not so patient before haha. But dont expect too much of a difference when I come home! haha I dont want you to have any expectations!!!

President Becerra, The most exciting thing in our area is that Lucy and Claudia came to church, they are our most exciting investigators right now! We gave them tour and we could not set them for a baptismal date but I just know that they will be in the water some time in the very near future. Especially with a son on the mission- its just a miracle waiting to happen as they told us they have been pretty anti church right un till the week he reported to the MTC a few weeks ago. They drove him to the MTC and felt a peaceful spirit about everything and now want to find out more about the church. So cool! We found a less active knocking doors this week and we had a really great lesson with her, she said she is ready to come back to church and has been praying that someone would come and help her! Yayyy for being an answer to someones prayers! We gave a tour to 3 formers (all from same house) this week and they really liked it but then didnt come to church on Sunday when they said they would so that was quite a let down. Our turn over rate seems exceptionally high, I feel that we are doing everything we can and we are finding new people to teach but they dont seem to be ready because we have had a lot of people come and go. Interesting, but we are working with what we've got and we are having a great time doing it. My companion and I just crack each other up and we are loving our time spent together. Overall great week, excited for these next 2 weeks of the transfer! Thanks for all you do. -Sister Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment