9.13.2011

Week 68

Helllllo. Greetings from SO CALLLL!!!! My life is whizzing by me right now it is absolutely crazy! Sister Taylor and I have had a great week- we are finding lots of new people to teach, visiting everyone from the ward and have found some promising part member families. It has been so fun to work from the ground up, I wish I could have whitewashed every transfer because there is just so much to do! Obviously there was in all the other areas too but here we are just running from place to place, getting fried by the sun and sweating like crazy- but of course still looking super glamorous! haha. This week I think that we ate our weight in food, the members are a little too excited to have sister missionaries and are trying to fatten us up! Yikes- not ideal timing but hey!
So some highlights of the week- Nery and Estela are the couple that are waiting for the divorce papers, his ex wife has refused to sign the papers for years- he even offered her $15000 and she said no, then at a baptismal service before we came one of the counselors to president becerra felt impressed to talk to him, he found out the situation as to why they hadnt been baptized and promised them a miracle- that same week the ex wife that he hadnt talked to in forever called him and said, dont ask why but I will sign the divorce papers! MIRACLE! Then last week my comp and I were fasting that the papers work out quickly and in a lesson with them the spirit was screaming at me, commit them to be baptized on the 25th- I hesitated, not wanting to promise something I wasnt sure would happen, knowing their situation, but I said it and we are now just waiting for a miracle that the papers come within the next week, very exciting and crazy. They are so special, I feel so blessed to be in this area, we are seeing so much good and meeting people with such great faith, such good examples.
So today we went to the temple- hence pday being changed to today instead of yesterday. To sum it up- it was perfect. I love it there. I am going to get my haircut today- ahhh haha, might regret it, time will tell!?
Thats crazy that you got my flight plans- yeah I got them in the mail this week too- yikes! Sooo Ill see you guys the 11th at 8:30pm... wow. There are no words for what I feel. Deff a mixture of emotions. Obviously I still have a month yet so I have time to figure out how to put into words my mission experience.

President, This week has been great! We are running around like chickens with our heads chopped off! haha. We have been so blessed this week to have been able to accomplish a lot of good things, I feel that our numbers dont accurately reflect all that we were able to accomplish because we have been focusing a lot of our time on visiting all the members in our area and getting to know them and figuring out who we have jurisdiction over. It has been amazing as we have identified multiple part member families that we are beginning to work with. We met a lady named Hermana Martinez whose husband is not a member, she called us the following day and said, my husband will be home in 10 minutes- I want you to come over and act like it was por casualidad that you came by. Luckily we were free and headed over, we were able to identify his doubts (word of wisdom) and he accepted to have us come back. Adilene and Jonas are the coolest investigators but they slept in so didnt make it to church which was a big let down, but this week we know they will be there! She has tried to get him to church before and he was never interested and she said that with us he feels something different! She came to an FHE last night at a members home, our members are amazing and are so helpful. This ward really has got some string amazing people and they are extremely missionary minded. We are so lucky. Nery and Estela are patiently waiting for their divorce papers, I know that it will pull through and they will be baptized on the 25th- they are a miracle and deserve miracles in return for their awesomeness! Hermana Taylor is doing great, takes everything in and diligently being the best missionary ever. Thank you for everything! -Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment