9.19.2011

Week 69

This week has flew by! We have been crazy busy and loving life. Hermana Taylor and I basically just laugh our heads off all the day- it helps that we are basically the same person. In my president letter are most of the updates regarding the work. I have been a bit emotional recently, I didnt really realize that my time was ending until yesterday when I was preparing my talk for sacrament meeting, then on the way to the church in the car we were listening to a song about missionary work and I got a bit emotional. I guess its just a crazy new cross road in life thats coming at me faster then I thought it would! I am just so used to my life here and I love how it feels to be a missionary, I've never done anything so rewarding so I am trying to figure out how I'm going to keep my life rich and rewarding, I know it will be good and I am excited to come home, but at the same time I'll be leaving behind an experience dear to my heart. On to the next chapter of life... bills and school and all that fun stuff! haha. yikes.
Emily your last email was fun because you gave me updates on everyone- I loved it. Thanks for the constant support I have had throughout my entire mission, I am so grateful for you guys and every night I am on my knees thanking my Father in heaven for blessing me with such a wonderful family and asking him to take care of you all! I am so proud of Sam on his mission in Fresno- I tell everyone and it just makes me happy to know that all of us are living the gospel and doing the right thing. There is nothing more important.
So today will be a fabulous p-day because we are going shopppping. haha. No. We are meeting up with other missionaries and going to the buddhist temple, Ive been before but none of them have so it should be good.
Presidents letter...
This has been a really good week, we are really excited as we have met everyone on our ward list that belongs to our area except for 4 names. We were able to have dinner with the bishop and we were very pleased with the outcome because he asked about families that we had already met and had lessons with so we felt like we showed him that we were on the ball. On Sunday we were able to speak in sacrament meeting which was a great success, everyone did really well, there is a great spirit here in the Rimgrove ward. A miracle happened, there is a couple in our ward and they are both 20 and have been dating for 6 years, she joined the church when she started dating him and she recently came out with us on a lesson. We talked to her after the lesson and she expressed the desire she suddenly had to serve a mission. Her boyfriend was at the point of going over a year ago but felt too pressured and decided not to go. Well she came out with us again this week and we invited her boyfriend to come on the lesson too. When they got in the car Carolina said she had talked to bishop and had started her papers and that after talking to Robert he has decided that he is also going to serve! It is a miracle and that was one of the main things that bishop was really excited about. We feel so extremely blessed. Hermana Borrayo is a wonderful active member of the ward and she wants us to periodically stop by her house as her husband is not a member and a little anti missionaries. We stopped by yesterday and when we came in he ran off and hid in the TV room, that was too bad as we have been praying for him but everything has its time and we will continue to try to catch him! Edgar, our new investigator is the husband of Hermana Maryinez, he came to church on Sunday, we were able to identify his doubt as 'word of wisdom' issues so we have planned a really good lesson for him tonight. Also Hermana Gutierrez has been trying to share the gospel with her daughters for years and we were able to meet one of her daughters and we will be going to her house this coming Saturday to help weed her garden- hopefully we can get our foot in the door that way- fingers crossed! We are working hard and have been really blessed to have met all these wonderful members. My companion continues to amaze me with her diligence and commitment to get the job done. Now that we have familiarizedc ourselves with the area we are going to be able to focus a lot more time on finding, which both of us are very excited about! Overall life is great! Thanks for everything, Hermana Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment